Remove old Z-wave devices from z-stick

Posted on
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:03 pm
VincentS offline

Remove old Z-wave devices from z-stick

Hi,

Is there any possibility to remove a device from the Z wave stick without the device itself.. (it is broken so cannot use the exclusion mode) At the moment I have three of these on my z wave stick and they just annoy me when adding new devices.

Kind regards
Vincent

Posted on
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:16 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Remove old Z-wave devices from z-stick

If you go to the Help menu in the Indigo client, you'll see an item that says "Managing a Z-Wave Network". Click on that, and it will take you to the Indigo Wiki page for Z-Wave networks. In essence,

If a Z-Wave device is no longer available to your network (it failed, etc) then you can use this menu item to remove it from the interface. You might need to attempt a Define and Sync on the device (and allow it to fail) - just create a new device, try to sync it, when it fails then try to remove it.

If you no longer have an Indigo device linked to the broken Z-Wave device, you can attempt to create one and link it to the failed device (as the quote above notes). After that, you should be able to remove it using the instructions.
Last edited by DaveL17 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:31 pm
VincentS offline

Re: Remove old Z-wave devices from z-stick SOLVED!!!

Thanks Dave.. It did the trick.. after several attempts though :roll:

DaveL17 wrote:
If you go to the Help menu in the Indigo client, you'll see an item that says "Managing a Z-Wave Network". Click on that, and it will take you to the Indigo Wiki page for Z-Wave networks. In essence,

If a Z-Wave device is no longer available to your network (it failed, etc) then you can use this menu item to remove it from the interface. You might need to attempt a Define and Sync on the device (and allow it to fail) - just create a new device, try to sync it, when it fails then try to remove it.

If you no longer have an Indigo device linked to the broken Z-Wave device, you can attempt to create on and link it to the failed device (as the quote above notes). After that, you should be able to remove it using the instructions.

Posted on
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:47 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Remove old Z-wave devices from z-stick

Glad that worked for you.

For the record, Indigo works with whatever information is on the stick--it doesn't manage such things locally. I've had instances where devices show up as failed which are in actuality just fine. This is a short-coming of the Z-Stick and not Indigo. I re-run sync on those devices and they'll be corrected.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1