Adding Z-wave devices off-line

Posted on
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:28 pm
elf55 offline

I installed a pair of Zooz S2 dimmer switches, but when I went to add them to Indigo 2021, I couldn't exclude them. I think both switches are at least a hop away from my Aeotec Gen5+ stick. To get the inclusion to work, I disconnected the Gen5+ stick from the Mac Mini running Indigo, put both the Gen5+ stick and a switch in inclusion mode, and then brought the stick back to the Mac and plugged it in.

My expectation was that there would be two more z-wave device IDs that I could associate with Indigo devices. However, there don't appear to be any new devices showing in the device associations list. Am I doing this correctly or is there some other trick to performing an off-line or multi-hop z-wave device inclusion?

-Mike

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:40 am
DaveL17 offline

These steps should work:

1. Put the Z-Stick into EXCLUSION mode.
2. Trigger exclusion on the Zooz device (different manufacturers do this differently).
3. Put the Z-Stick into INCLUSION mode.
4. Trigger inclusion on the Zooz device.
5. Reinsert the Z-Stick into the Indigo Server machine.

The device *should* be there. The stick won't allow a device to be included if the stick -- or the device -- believes that the device is already associated with any controller. Even brand new devices can be associated with another controller out of the box (from quality testing at the factory, for example).
Last edited by DaveL17 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:30 am
elf55 offline

Re: Adding Z-wave devices off-line

Thanks. That worked great. I've never had a problem with a switch having a prior association before when new, but regardless performing the exclude and then include off-line worked great. Up and running.

Posted on
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:34 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Adding Z-wave devices off-line

That’s great. I‘ve run into it enough times that I typically exclude new devices first—just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1