Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 MultiRelay ZEN16

Posted on
Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm
Different Computers offline

Guessing this relay is new.

Any guess whether it will work even partially with Indigo, with it not being on the supported list? Looks like quite the potential workhorse.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue May 25, 2021 1:01 pm
Sevilsivle offline

Re: Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 MultiRelay ZEN16

Zooz claims it will.

Posted on
Wed May 26, 2021 7:25 am

Thanks! Dunno how I missed that. Could have sworn I scanned that list.

Ordered one yesterday and it "shipped" within minutes, so I should have it soon.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed May 26, 2021 7:53 am
Sevilsivle offline

Looks interesting. Unfortunately Zooz do not produce for the European market.

Posted on
Wed May 26, 2021 7:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We added support for the ZEN16 to v7.5.0.

Posted on
Thu May 27, 2021 7:28 am

Awesome! Thanks. The list of supported devices didn't show it last time I looked.

Posted on
Thu May 27, 2021 9:14 am
bluehouse offline

Different Computers caused me to browse the sale going on at the SmartestHouse link and I stumbled on an inexpensive Zooz open-close sensor; something I’ve been wanting to replace since my EZIO-6 died. For $24 I took a chance. Any chance that this is or could be supported in a future release?

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/collec ... ys-20a-10a

Apologies if incorrect post location!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2021 2:34 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure if it will work without a definition, but it is possible it will. Indigo should try to create devices for each relay endpoint, but the input sensors may not show (they can likely be triggered using the Raw Z-Wave trigger though). If you get one please let us know – there aren't a lot of general purpose I/O modules available so we would like to support it.

Posted on
Fri May 28, 2021 5:19 pm
bluehouse offline

matt (support) wrote:
I'm not sure if it will work without a definition, but it is possible it will. Indigo should try to create devices for each relay endpoint, but the input sensors may not show (they can likely be triggered using the Raw Z-Wave trigger though). If you get one please let us know – there aren't a lot of general purpose I/O modules available so we would like to support it.
Awesome! Thanks Matt. Will try and do whatever you think might help to see if this will communicate with indigo, raw or not. I agree about lack of I/O modules like this. I’ve been looking for about a year for something like this; almost buying used EZIOs on eBay. Bonus: this Z-Wave device is about 1/3 the cost of the old Insteon devices. Lots of potential applications for cheap.

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:41 am

Man I wish I had looked more closely when buying the Zen16 because it doesn't have those sensor inputs, which I need to have a status on the garage door.

Posted on
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:00 pm
bluehouse offline

The Zen17 just arrived today and although I’m not using it to control a garage door, it does include instructions and a wiring diagram for that. (A really inexpensive garage door controller, at that).

Indigo sync’d to it the first try and recognized 2 “relay switches”. When I bridged a relay, Indigo displayed the switch toggling on or off so looks like basic communication is there. Under Indigo>Device>Configure there is a comment that “indigo does not currently have a device definition for this model....”

I probably won’t get much farther than that tonight but will try to play with it some this week.

Matt, let me know if you want me to output anything from the log for you to review. I can probably use what I need as is, but it does seem like a promising unfilled niche in the device world.

Posted on
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

They actually shipped us one of these, so it is definitely in my queue to get an Indigo definition created now.

Posted on
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:07 pm
bluehouse offline

Woo hoo! That’s great news. Thanks Matt!

Posted on
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:07 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 2021.1.1 is now available and adds support for the Zooz Universal Relay (ZEN17).

Posted on
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:31 pm
bluehouse offline

Awesome.

Thanks Matt!

Page 1 of 1