Anybody try Zooz 700 Series Z Remote Control & Scene Control

Posted on
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:57 pm
peszko offline

Anybody try Zooz 700 Series Z Remote Control & Scene Control

Anybody tried Zooz 700 Series Z Remote Control & Scene Controller ZEN34. Would it work with Indigo? I need a switch I can stick on a wall. Its going on a wall where a pocket door is installed, so I can't wire up a normal one. Suggestions for other ones? I like the look of this one as it looks like a normal switch.

Posted on
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:56 pm
Dual offline

Re: Anybody try Zooz 700 Series Z Remote Control & Scene Con

I have many Zooz devices. Not that one. It should connect fine to Indigo. If there is no device definition you may need to Match Raw Packet for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:03 am
howartp offline

If there’s no device definition, the Zwave Scene Controller plugin should still work with it rather than defining your own packet matching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We should have a device definition added to the next feature release of Indigo for the ZEN34. In the mean time as mentioned above you can use the Zwave Scene Controller plugin to create triggers for it.

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:51 am
peszko offline

Perfect. Its ordered.

Thank you.

Posted on
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:59 pm
peszko offline

Works with raw packets

on (scene 1) ? ? ? ? ? ? 0x05 0x5B 0x03 ? 0x80 0x01 ?
off (scene 2) ? ? ? ? ? ? 0x05 0x5B 0x03 ? 0x80 0x02 ?

Waiting for the official support.

Thank you.

Posted on
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:26 pm
peszko offline

I'm trying to associate it (zooz zen34) to a dimmer (HS-WD200+) but not having any luck. I'm waking up the button with the seven upper presses and get the blue light. But when I press "Add responding device" the blue light goes off and I get this:

Z-Wave Error timeout waiting for command to be sent
Z-Wave Error send "L2_DR_Cabinet_BTN_Z" addAssociation command failed (module might be asleep, or is unreachable)

I tried to re-wake it as soon the light goes out, but still get the same error. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2022 7:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Sounds like it goes to sleep immediately after Indigo starts trying to send it commands. I'm not sure how to keep it awake if the 7 button presses isn't working.

Have you considered just creating a Trigger in Indigo to handle the logic instead? I believe we added support for the scene commands for the ZEN34 to Indigo 2021.1.0.

Posted on
Mon May 09, 2022 8:59 pm
peszko offline

matt (support) wrote:
Have you considered just creating a Trigger in Indigo to handle the logic instead? I believe we added support for the scene commands for the ZEN34 to Indigo 2021.1.0.

Thats the way I have it working now, but it takes about a second or so to respond and feels sluggish. Also, I like to have redundancy, where if indigo for some reason isn't available it still works. In this case, the actual light switch is not readily accessible so if Indigo is down, there is no good way to actuate it.

I was hoping to use the direct linking for that "instant" switch response.

Would you know of other remotes that look like regular switches that would work with Indigo and direct linking?

Posted on
Tue May 10, 2022 4:02 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try removing the battery for a few seconds the re-inserting and then add the association. Some modules stay awake N minutes after a battery is replaced.

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 7:07 pm
peszko offline

It sort of works. The link seems to have been made and I can turn on and off the light without triggers, but there still is a delay and Indigo doesn't notice the light turning off or on. so if it was off, and I used the remote to turn the light on, indigo still shows it as off. Also if I go back to z-wave linking the link no longer shows up there so I can't remove it. The indigo z-wave interface is still there in the responding devices list.

Page 1 of 1