Z-wave secure devices

Posted on
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:19 am
johnpolasek offline

Z-wave secure devices

I don't know a lot about the Z-wave protocols, particularly how the encryption works, so let me describe the problem;

A couple of days ago, the boot drive on the server had a hardware error and crashed; most of the data areas were able to be recovered with an image backup, but the OS and portions of the library directory were lost, including the current Indigo database... the database.old directory still contained the 7.4 database from January which was pretty much current and included all the existing devices. After a clean OS install on a new raid (this one with a time machine backup running) and locating all the USB drivers we needed, pretty much everything is back up and running, EXCEPT the Z-stick isn't listening to the kwikset 910 door locks; It SAYS it is sending lock, unlock, and get status commands but nothing happens at the lock end and no changes in status come back. When the lock is operated manually, it gets a bunch of bad packets which it ignores. Also, when the local server starts, it indicates that the two Honeywell Thermostats need to be resynced, although they both send temperature updates and accept changes in setpoint without issues and the AEOTEC 6 in1s (which I thought were encrypted as well) seem to function normally. How many devices do I need to unlink and relink to get fully operational again? or is there some way resync them without losing the linkage to all the triggers and actions?

Posted on
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-wave secure devices

Sounds like you just need to do a resync on the thermostats.

With the lock, you can just exclude it then include it again, then just select the new node ID in the existing device's sync dialog. The Indigo device never changes so it doesn't effect any Indigo references. If you have direct Z-Wave associations between other Z-Wave devices and the lock then you'd have to fix those manually.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1