Inovelli Device Handler

Posted on
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:36 pm
DU Lou offline

Inovelli Device Handler

Good Afternoon,
Are there any plans to integrate or support the Inovelli Device Handler? I attempted to purchase a Red Series Dimmer (LZW31-SN) to experiment with however they are out of stock until the 18th.

The link below is for SmartThings (provided as an example) and to be honest without a physical dimmer I am not sure if the Device Handler is needed with Indigo.

Device Handler Installation

However after many months of just 'idling' with Indigo and my home automation hobby I was inspired by Matt and Jay's 2021 Releases Blog and the future of Indigo!!! :)

What I really want to be able to solve is the ability to have a "wired" switch communicate to a Hue Bulb without ever turning the smart bulb off as described How To: Control a Smart Bulb From a Smart Switch | SmartThing. I know with Inovelli I would need to traverse protocols from Z-Wave to Nathan's fantastic Hue Plugin for Zigbee.

Thanks in advance and happy New Year!!
~Lou

Posted on
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Inovelli Device Handler

Hi Lou,

We added support for the LZW31-SN (and several other Inovelli modules) to Indigo 7.4.1, so once you include and sync it with Indigo you'll have UI for setting most of the parameters and you'll be able to create Triggers for all the possible scene commands it sends (button down, button up, button double tap, etc.). Basically, it should just work out-of-the-box with the most recent versions of Indigo.

And Happy New Year to you as well!

Page 1 of 1