help with z-wave door/window sensor

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:36 pm
dgwharrison offline

help with z-wave door/window sensor

Hi, I have a Vision Door/Window Multi Sensor per https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... HQqlqaaKfi

It shows up in Indigo Domotics as a Zipato Multi Sensor (ZD2201), it correctly shows the different sensors on the device page.

My issue is I can't seem to figure out how to use this device. I have it installed on my garage door. My ultimate aim is to pass it through HomeKit-bridge and be able to see if my garage door is open from my iPhone. I was hoping it would simply show as open or closed (depending on magnet). But in indigo it seems to just say 'on' or 'off' which doesn't relate to the state of the door but rather the state of the device which is either on or off as it's battery powered.

I noticed Zipato Multi Sensor was in supported the release notes for 7.5 released just now. I have already upgraded to that version, removed the device from indigo then excluded it from the controller then included it in the controller again and re-added to indigo - didn't help.

Can.i please have some guidance on how to use this kind of device?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.25.08 am.png
Screenshot
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.25.08 am.png (456.51 KiB) Viewed 559 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: help with z-wave door/window sensor

dgwharrison wrote:
But in indigo it seems to just say 'on' or 'off' which doesn't relate to the state of the door but rather the state of the device which is either on or off as it's battery powered.

Incorrect. For generic sensor devices like this, ON == OPEN, OFF == CLOSED. It has nothing to do with battery power - the devices are inherently always working (unless the battery is dead but that's another thing entirely).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1