Can't create new device for Schlage Sense

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:16 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can't create new device for Schlage Sense

wideglidejrp wrote:
Curious why Schlage is listed in the compatibility list.

I don't see it in our compatible devices list, only the Schlage RS100HC. That one was reported to work by a user.

The instructions that came with it has to have one step that puts the sensor into inclusion mode (regardless of the system), you just need to identify what that step is. Sensors are often tricky to get added, so you might just have to experiment a bunch with it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:13 pm
wideglidejrp offline

First, the Schlage sensor I have is in fact the one in the compatibility list. What is printed on the box same as that list. On the back of the sensor is where it says Schlage Model: DWZWAV1. There is no control button. I have tried to include using the stick, using encrypted and unencrypted. Have experimented a lot with no luck. Would love to know how the Indigo user you referred to was able to include it. The instructions say to press the + button on the bridge. The bridge refers to the Nexia hub shown in the picture. Schlage support said the device was obsolete and I should return it to Amazon. Can anyone recommend a z-wave door sensor other than Aeotec which works with Indigo?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:52 am
Dual offline

Can't create new device for Schlage Sense

I have eight Ring door (contact) sensors in my system. All have worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:06 am
wideglidejrp offline

Amazon listing of Ring door sensor says "Ring Alarm Kit required". Not so?

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:38 am
Dual offline

Not so for me. At least the versions I have. I have seven of the first generation which use a 123A battery. And three of the second generation which use 2xCR2032 batteries. They show up in Indigo as model 4SD1S70EN0 for the first gen. And model Gen 2 for the second gen. See attached screenshots. My second gen devices look the current one on Amazon. Screenshot attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:43 am
wideglidejrp offline

Thanks very much for taking time for such a complete reply. I will give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:06 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

wideglidejrp wrote:
First, the Schlage sensor I have is in fact the one in the compatibility list. What is printed on the box same as that list. On the back of the sensor is where it says Schlage Model: DWZWAV1.

You only mentioned the DWZWAV1 as the model number, and that model (as far as I can see) isn't in the compatibility database. Can you link to the correct model number in our database?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:27 am
wideglidejrp offline

The Schlage sensor I have is in fact the one in the compatibility list. What is printed on the box is same as that list. On the back of the sensor is where it says Schlage Model: DWZWAV1. There is no control button. I have tried to include using the stick, using encrypted and unencrypted and experimented a lot with no luck. Schlage support said the device was obsolete and I should return it to Amazon, which I did. Next I will try the Ring contact sensor.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude