Funky AEON zwave PIR & Smart switch problem

Posted on
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 am
PeteVis offline

Funky AEON zwave PIR & Smart switch problem

I have a spooky problem with the following two devices :
a Aeon Smart Switch (ZW075) and a Aeon Multi Sensor (ZW074)

The Multi sensor is battery powered, if that matters.

These two devices are completely unrelated, they don't trigger eachother, and they are in different places
The Smart Switch is inside, turns on a light, the Multi Sensor is outside under a small roof and is used to trigger our outside lights.

Since last week, all of a sudden, when the Multi Sensor is triggered outside, it turns on the Smart Switch inside.

Inside Indigo (which I haven't touched in months) there is no trigger defined at all that turns on the Smart Switch.
Looking at the Zwave associations for both, they only mention 1:1, so it doesn't seem that there is any direct connection between the two outside of Indigo.

In the event log I see only this ;
Z-Wave received "Terras Beweging" status update is on
Z-Wave received "Living Stekker lamp schilderij" status update is on

The first line is the Multi sensor, the second line is the Smart switch.

Does anybody know what might be causing this ?
Ghosts ?

Posted on
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:23 am
Sevilsivle offline

Re: Funky AEON zwave PIR & Smart switch problem

Check the addresses of the devices concerned, and also of the devices defined in the trigger.
Triggers use the device address, which is why you can rename devices and not lose dependencies.
Something else you can check are the dependecies of the devices, found by a right click on the device itself

Tim

Posted on
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:15 am
PeteVis offline

Hi Tim,
Thanks, that was helpful.

Looking at the dependecies of the rogue smart switch, it shows none... I have no triggers set up that should turn on the smart switch.

What's even more intruiging, is that when I turn off 'Comm enabled' for the sensor, it still turns on the smart switch when I walk passed the sensor... so it looks like they are communicating with eachother outside of Indigo.

I'm wondering why Indigo does not show this link between the devices (if there is one). I always thought that the associations inside device settings where direct links between devices... but maybe I am misunderstanding that...

I'm still stumped why this is happening, while it used to work perfectly for years...

Posted on
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you re-sync them both and then check to see if an association exists? If the association was added manually (somehow) after Indigo last did its sync then Indigo won't know about it until you re-sync.

Posted on
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:09 am
PeteVis offline

Hi Matt, thanks for the tip.
I re-synced them both just now, but still the problem persists.

I have now excluded and then re-included the PIR , and this seems to have solved my issue.

Page 1 of 1