Cannot get LPM-15 applance module to sync w/ new controller

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:33 pm
mwarner offline

Cannot get LPM-15 applance module to sync w/ new controller

I just replaced my old Aean Z-Stick S2 with the Gen5 Z stick. I also had to replace a GE toggle switch that was fried from a power outage a few weeks ago. I managed to get all of my z-wave toggle switches paired with the new Z stick while it was attached to my Mac, but I've got one problematic Z-wave controller, an Evolve LPM-15 module that is about 5 years old. It worked flawlessly with my old Z-stick and I've tried every way I can think of to try to pair the LPM-15 to the new Z-Stick.

I can't find any decent documentation on the LPM, but it would seem like it should operate like most basic Z-wave devices since it is a simple plug with a button on the front. I've tried single pressing, double tapping , long pressing etc. etc. that button while trying to pair to the new Z-stick, while in the Mac and while holding it in pairing mode right next to the LPM, but nothing is working. None of this makes sense and I'm out of ideas. The LPM worked great on my X-mas tree lights in December, but otherwise, it has been sitting in the wall and works fine in manual mode with a lamp plugged in it.

Thoughts?

Posted on
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:55 pm
howartp offline

Re: Cannot get LPM-15 applance module to sync w/ new control

Interestingly you don’t mention about excluding it - have you excluded it before trying to include it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:53 am
mwarner offline

My apologies. Yes, I went through the exclusion process as well. When I attempt to set it up as a new device, it is never recognized on the define and sync step and Indigo never "sees" it in the system.

Posted on
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If the new Get5 Z-Stick is working with other modules then it sounds like the LPM-15 is marginal, or the exclusion steps didn't "take." Definitely try excluding it a again (a few times) and re-including/syncing it. Also copy/paste the Event Log window results of both the exclusions and inclusion/sync attempts into a reply for us.

Page 1 of 1