Fibaro universal sensor

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 4:05 am
pocster offline

Fibaro universal sensor

ok I've got this wired to a doorbell.
It works; when doorbell pressed in1 state changes.

What I don't understand is how I change the 'output'.
Essentially I want doorbell pressed to trigger in2 (or out2 I suppose). ( to unlock a door lock)
I can't see in Indigo how the device is changed i.e. how you can cause an output to alter via a z wave trigger.

The door lock has 2 wires when shorted together it unlocks. I assumed I could use the sensor 'z wave function' to remotely short these 2 wires

I'm undoubtedly misunderstanding something obvious!

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 am
pocster offline

Re: Fibaro universal sensor

Ok. This is confusing.
So the device cannot control the output ( or at least the output matches the input!).

I'm trying to understand if the Fibaro smart implant addresses my issues. But I can't really see the difference between these devices.

I *guess* to unlock a door (i.e. short 2 wires) I need a fibaro switch which can function with no load?

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 4:25 am
pocster offline

fibaro FGS212?

AFAIK it is dry contact. This seem suitable for what I want?

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 1:06 pm
racarter offline

I have a couple of Fibaro universal sensors, although not the model number you quote. The outputs mirror their respective inputs so there’s no need for any Indigo config in this regard. I have an input connected to the bell push and the corresponding output connected to the bell in place of the bell push. Works perfectly and enables Indigo to send me a push message when the bell rings.

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2020 1:22 pm
pocster offline

racarter wrote:
I have a couple of Fibaro universal sensors, although not the model number you quote. The outputs mirror their respective inputs so there’s no need for any Indigo config in this regard. I have an input connected to the bell push and the corresponding output connected to the bell in place of the bell push. Works perfectly and enables Indigo to send me a push message when the bell rings.
Thanks

Page 1 of 1