Notifications on Inovelli wall switch LZW31-sn

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:42 am
hensed offline

Notifications on Inovelli wall switch LZW31-sn

Hi all, I recently purchased a few of the Inovelli wall switches, hoping that I could use the notifications features to alert when the home alarm is on. I installed and setup the the switches, they work fine, but I don’t see a way in actions menus to blink, strobe or change the color of the led light on the switch itself. Does anyone know if this is supported in the indigo UI? Or did I miss something ?

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:22 pm
hensed offline

Re: Notifications on Inovelli wall switch LZW31-sn

I found a solution, I'll post it in case some else has the same question. so basically you send a zwave a parameter change as an action.
Use this link to find the parameter and parameter-value of setting that you want: https://nathanfiscus.github.io/inovelli ... tion-calc/

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Cool, thanks for the link.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:03 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You may already know this, but Indigo 7.4.1 includes device definitions that have UI for changing the LED color and brightness. There is an action in Indigo to modify configuration parameters, but as you may have noticed you then don't get the device definition UI so you have to know the parameter number and values to use. Indigo also doesn't have the UI for param 8 used for notifications – that web page is very handy for that.

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:21 am
7rdr7 offline

Hi Matt, will you be adding the status light into the vendor specific functions?

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What specifically do you mean by status light? Ability to change LED color and brightness from an action with UI?

Posted on
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:31 pm
DaveL17 offline

If by status light, you mean notifications, those are a little tricky.

Presently, notification indicators with the Inovelli devices are transient. That is, if you turn on a notification indicator (think a pulsing red for example) and then change the dim level, then the notification is reset. Folks are asking Inovelli to make notifications be more "permanent" in that, notifications would persist until removed, but that would require Inovelli to implement in the device's firmware (and us to update the firmware). It would be easy enough to trigger notifications with Indigo as it stands now by just changing parameter 16 based on some event, but if someone were to change the dim level at the switch or if some other automation event targeted the switch, the notification would be lost. It would be theoretically possible to move the maintenance of notifications to Indigo with logic (maintain the notification state within Indigo rather than within the switch). It's kind of non-trivial, but it can be done.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:38 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We can certainly create actions (akin to the HomeSeer actions) that set the status light, regardless of their transient state, and I've added that to the request list. Maintaining state in Indigo (so that Indigo can simulate a more permanent status state on those) is definitely more effort. I'd be inclined to take a more wait and see approach to see what actual experience by the community is before attempting that.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:15 am
7rdr7 offline

Thanks guys. Yes, I meant the "notification" LED function. I've implemented it via triggers and parameter 8 configurations, along with the help of an Inovelli parameter 8 decoder. Full support would be nice, but with the decoder it's pretty easy. https://nathanfiscus.github.io/inovelli ... tion-calc/

Posted on
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:37 pm
jltnol offline

Hey guys.. I bought an Inovelli LZW20-SN wall switch to mess around with. So far, so good

. I'm trying to set up an Action Group for an Inovelli Notification, but when I get to the "Effect" popup, its grayed out. I'm assuming that means my particular version of the switch doesn't support "Effects".... or am I doing something wrong...

This could be fun.. :)

Posted on
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

That's a bug that we'll address in the next release. For the time being, use the Modify Config Parameter Action along with the toolbox link mentioned above to set notifications. The clear action should work.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:10 pm
7rdr7 offline

While you're in there.... :wink:

A couple of new Inovelli product/features:

1) New scene controller: https://inovelli.com/red-series-smart-5-button-switch/

2) Double tap on LZW31-SN config button: V1.49 - 12/16/2020 - Config Button 2x press will turn off a notification and also send a 2x pressed scene to the hub.

Posted on
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:56 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

7rdr7 wrote:
While you're in there.... :wink:

A couple of new Inovelli product/features:

1) New scene controller: https://inovelli.com/red-series-smart-5-button-switch/

2) Double tap on LZW31-SN config button: V1.49 - 12/16/2020 - Config Button 2x press will turn off a notification and also send a 2x pressed scene to the hub.

Unfortunately, it's not the same code. We will definitely look at that new scene controller when it actually ships.

Do you have one of the LZW31-SN's that have the new firmware? You can already fire a trigger on the single press of the config button, but we'd like to see the Z-Wave debug for the double-press. Turn on debugging in the Z-Wave config dialog and save it. Then double tap the config button and hopefully something similar to this will show up in the Event Log window:

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD sceneActivateCmd2: 01 0B 00 04 00 17 05 5B 03 30 80 03 09
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  sceneActivateCmd2: node 023, type: 0, scene: 3

Copy/paste it into a reply and we'll see if we can figure out how to modify the definition.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:49 pm
7rdr7 offline

Thanks @jay,
As requested, double press of config button:

Z-Wave Debug RCVD sceneActivateCmd2: 01 0B 00 04 00 07 05 5B 03 03 83 03 29
Z-Wave Debug . . sceneActivateCmd2: node 007, type: 3, scene: 3
Z-Wave received "Tracklights" scene 771 (0303)

Let me know if you need anything else.
Ron

Posted on
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Ron – We'll get the Trigger for that scene (config double tap) added to the next version of Indigo.