Steinel IS 140-2 Outdoor motion sensor

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:43 am
juntta offline

Re: Steinel IS 140-2 Outdoor motion sensor

Range extender and one module already installed and my feeling is that it might have helped at least a little but no statistic to prove that. (I remember that I saw some plugin/script someday that measured performance of z-wave network but cannot find it now.) Also during the winter time there seems to be more issues which seems to be caused by bad (radio) weather.

Funny that if I do regular status requests it seems to update luminosity sensor value but motion detection events gets slipped by.

I have the z-wave watcher plugin watching over motion detector part of the device so I can pass the data here if it helps?

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:28 am
juntta offline

Here is some watcher data from last hour and kids went school about hour ago so there is at least on Motion event there.

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think you'll need to ask Steinel support if this is a known issue or not (maybe fixed in a firmware upgrade?) – based on your description the module is stopping communicating back to Indigo, which Indigo doesn't have control over.

Posted on
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:57 pm
juntta offline

matt (support) wrote:
I think you'll need to ask Steinel support if this is a known issue or not (maybe fixed in a firmware upgrade?) – based on your description the module is stopping communicating back to Indigo, which Indigo doesn't have control over.
Yes, found some similar postings from different platform forums as well so seems to difficult model.

Funny that if power cycle the unit everything works just fine. I guess I could have switch doing the power cycle after loosing connection but that just complicates things too much...

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:56 am
juntta offline

Update on this.

I had a spare Fibaro Switch available and used it to supply power to Steinel. So when Steinel goes to vegetative state, I power cycle it with Fibaro switch.

So one wasted Fibaro Switch but at least I get z-wave motion detection and luminosity reading continously.