Reduce the time Indigo waits for an ACK from a Z-Wave node

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:38 am
hishamk offline

Reduce the time Indigo waits for an ACK from a Z-Wave node

Is there a way to reduce the time Indigo waits for an ACK from a Z-Wave node before it times out?

With a setup having around 200 nodes, there is the occasional one that hiccups and becomes unresponsive. As no ACK will be sent by this device, this stalls the entire system for a not-insignificant number of seconds, especially when other occupants are trying to switch on lights, open doors or control other Z-Wave devices.

To be specific, I have a couple of switches that do actually switch ON or OFF when requested through Indigo, but are temperamental in sending back an ACK. I use Aeon's Z-Stick Gen5.

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 am
siclark offline

Re: Reduce the time Indigo waits for an ACK from a Z-Wave no

Been suffering from this too. Mainly due to number of FLiR battery devices that get twists for status at same time and if delayed jams the rest of my system up

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, I don't believe so. That happens lower in the Z-Wave stack in the controller.

Posted on
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:54 pm
siclark offline

I moved my Mac mini a few days ago out of my server rack into a more central location without so many mains cables and other radio inference and hoping that helps.

Posted on
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:15 am
durosity offline

siclark wrote:
I moved my Mac mini a few days ago out of my server rack into a more central location without so many mains cables and other radio inference and hoping that helps.

The thought of that actually makes me feel rather anxious.. the effort of having to move everything and sorting the cabling and all that jazz... it scares me!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:17 am
siclark offline

I have cat6 throughtout the house, over 45 cable runs thanks to complete renovation 5 years ago that all go back to patch panel in my server cupboard so it's just a question of plugging it elsewhere. Simples.

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:58 am
siclark offline

Just to check my logic here. I'm assuming that by moving if I get more zwave devices routing directly to the zwave stock I can reduce bottlenecks in single zwave devices routing commands to/from the stick
Clearly won't solve issues with the stick processing many commands at the same time , but if commands get out to devices quicker it might help the zwave stick?

Posted on
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, I believe the fewer node "hops" you have in the network (shorter routes) the quicker commands can be sent and less congestion/collisions will occur.

I assume you've run the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Optimize Z-Wave Network process? If not, give that a try.

Posted on
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 am
siclark offline

Cheers Matt. Yes that was first thing I ran after I started it up in the new location.

Page 1 of 1