Aeotec Leak / Water Sensor

Posted on
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:13 am
vtmikel offline

Aeotec Leak / Water Sensor

The other day my Aeotec Water Sensor 6 sent an alarm that it detected water. It was a false alarm it seems. Since then the sensor has not turned "off". I've re-sync'd, swapped out the battery (which is reporting 100%). The re-sync works fine. The tilt sensor and temperature are reporting correctly, and the battery level is being updated regularly. The Tamper and Water Sensor do not seem to be reporting.

Faulty hardware? Any suggestions?

Posted on
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeotec Leak / Water Sensor

Try creating a new device in Indigo but select the existing node ID for your leak/water sensor. When it syncs it will disable your older device (only one device can be enabled at a time for a given node ID). You can later, after testing. re-sync the original device and it should automatically enable itself. Once the testing device is created I suspect its leak state will be reset. You can then test the module by putting it in shallow water to see if it broadcasts out a leak was detected. If it doesn't, then I think it is has malfunctioned. You might want to first turn on Indigo's Z-Wave debug logging checkbox via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item. Copy/paste the Event Log results after you put it in water (and after the sync) and we can see if it sent any commands at all.

Posted on
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:26 pm
vtmikel offline

Re: Aeotec Leak / Water Sensor

Re-creating the device did fix it. Bizarre. Thanks and I wonder what happened?

Page 1 of 1