Q for MIMOlite users. Want to detect low volts on car

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:16 pm
hwitten offline

Q for MIMOlite users. Want to detect low volts on car

Actually, I'm trying to detect when volts hit about 12 Volts on my Lithium battery in camping trailer in winter storage in my garage.

I'm hoping to use the input on the MIMOlite as a trigger so that I can then use Indigo to 'plug in' the trailer to shore power.

I'm thinking that setting parm 8 to 1 and setting thresholds accordingly, would get me what I want?

Setting the threshold is where I hit a brick wall. What should they be set to to achieve a change I can see in Indigo?

Hopefully someone can help, or am I totally off base trying to achieve this with the MIMOlite?

Posted on
Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:36 am
hwitten offline

Re: Q for MIMOlite users. Want to detect low volts on car

Still struggling with this. I have it working to turn on a plug with battery charger connected but the trigger voltage is set too low. What setting do I need to change in the device setting?

Hopefully by now someone is using one for similar application.

Posted on
Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:11 am
howartp offline

What have you got setup so far?

Are you seeing the voltage in Indigo?

It looks like the MIMO can do the triggering for you, as you’re suggesting, but if you have the voltage in Indigo you could presumably use a normal Indigo trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:40 pm
hwitten offline

I'm using binary on/off to trigger my switch and analog input as trigger (battery voltage).
Sensor value is 3420. I'm assuming it'll go down as voltage drops. If it does I hope to catch the sensor value at a specific voltage and use that as Indigo trigger.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 4.31.00 PM.png
Curren settings of MIMOlite
Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 4.31.00 PM.png (266.66 KiB) Viewed 638 times

Page 1 of 1