Z-Wave Queuing and Priority

Posted on
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:33 am
autolog offline

Z-Wave Queuing and Priority

I have experienced the odd times when Z-Wave becomes apparently unresponsive. and/or commands are delayed by a number of seconds e.g use a Z-Wave switch to turn on a light and light turns on 5 seconds later (while normally it is instantaneous). This can cause a problem if the switch is toggling the light as the user might press the switch agin thinking the first one didn't work. The light then comes on and goes straight off again!.

Anyway, I have noted that the Spirit Thermostats (FLiRS) can have a delayed response to Indigo which waits for the acknowledgment. On a one off basis this is possibly Ok. However, if a number of commands are queued up to a number of Spirit Thermostats this can delay other Z-Wave activities.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to tell Indigo to give certain Z-Wave commands a lower priority such that if another command came in for say a light switch, it would be handled before the lower priority queued items. :)

Posted on
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave Queuing and Priority

Definitely on the ToDo/wish list for me. User driven commands (from triggers, button presses, etc.) definitely deserve a higher priority than background/idle level commands.

Page 1 of 1