Configuring Fortrezz MIMO2+ for dry-contact closure input

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:20 am
brianlloyd offline

Configuring Fortrezz MIMO2+ for dry-contact closure input

I originally posted this in a thread about the MIMO2+ dry contact closure input but there has been no response for 5 days. I suspect no one was watching that thread anymore so no one noticed my post. As a result, I am creating a new thread here.

Several days ago I installed a Fortrezz MIMO2+ to control my hangar door. The relay outputs are controlling the up/down buttons for my hangar door, which works just fine.

The existing door control logic has up and down limit switches with unused normally-open (NO) contacts to ground which I pressed into use as digital inputs to the MIMO2+. When the door is closed the down limit-switch closes. When up, the up limit-switch closes. Up is input 1 and down is input 2. Analog values clearly change , from near zero for contact closed to around 3000 for contact open. Analog input IS working.

(I measured and determined that the MIMO2+ has its own internal pull-up resistors on the analog inputs allowing sensing a dry contact closure with no other external components. All that is needed is to connect the contacts between SIG1 or SIG2 and ground in order for the MIMO2+ to sense the contacts.)

The problem is that, while I can query the status (read) the analog ports, I am not getting state changes pushed to Indigo. No state changes indicated in the log. I have set the off low threshold to 0, off high threshold to 2047, on low threshold to 2048, and on high threshold to 4095. When the contact closes, analog value goes to near zero which is clearly inside the off threshold range. When the contacts open the analog value goes to 3000 which is in the middle of the on threshold range. I expected to get a clear digital on/off indication change. I don't -- digital state remains at off all the time. I have tried setting the input modes to either "Trigger Between Thresholds - Report Analog on change", or "Trigger Outside Thresholds - Report Analog on change". The binary status remains at off no matter what.

I can make Indigo check the status of the door either by polling the analog values, or having the MIMO2+ report periodically, which it does. Both approaches seem inelegant given that the MIMO2+ appears to support reporting on state change. (I like event driven things.)

What have I done wrong? Did I misunderstand the meaning of the low and high thresholds for off and on? Also, could someone explain the difference between 'Trigger Between Thresholds' and 'Trigger Outside Thresholds'? My guess is that I need 'Trigger Between Thresholds' to generate a trigger when the analog value changes between the on and off threshold value ranges and vice-versa.

Once I understand this and make it work I will be happy to document it for the Wiki.

Thanks!

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:45 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Configuring Fortrezz MIMO2+ for dry-contact closure inpu

I posted a reply a bit ago on the other thread.

Page 1 of 1