Fibaro FGR-223

Posted on
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 am
Umtauscher offline

Fibaro FGR-223

Hi I just wanted to update my roller shutters with the Fibaro FGR-223 but can only find the FGR-222 in the supported devices list.
So my simple question is: Does the FGR-223 work or would I have to buy the old version for now?
TIA
Wilhelm

Posted on
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:14 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro FGR-223

Folks are using the FGR-223 successfully with Indigo, but sometimes it requires some hoop-jumping.

EDIT: Ignore my reply above – that forum thread is for a different module (FGS223 not the FGR223).

Posted on
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 am
Umtauscher offline

Thanks for the info.

Posted on
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 am
Sevilsivle offline

matt (support) wrote:
Folks are using the FGR-223 successfully with Indigo, but sometimes it

FGR not FGS

Posted on
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:56 am
Umtauscher offline

Oops, thanks, you are right.
So the question ist still open. :lol:

Posted on
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Oh sorry, that one letter makes a difference. So I've searched our support emails, the forum, and the device submissions from Indigo and found one report of someone saying the FGR-223 works. They selected the "works pretty well with some issues" popup but didn't provide any details beyond that.

Posted on
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:59 pm
Umtauscher offline

ok, thanks.
Maybe I will provide the details when I get them...

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:52 am
durosity offline

Was this module ever added for support? I’ve just got one and included it but it’s just giving me two on/off devices with no position control or other parameter options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 am
Umtauscher offline

Thanks, not by me.
As long as it takes ages for Indigo to get a device update, I have given up to invest in devices that probably never get supported.
Cheers
Wilhelm

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Umtauscher wrote:
Thanks, not by me.
As long as it takes ages for Indigo to get a device update, I have given up to invest in devices that probably never get supported.

Well, it certainly will never get done if no one ever submits device information since we can't possibly have every version of every Z-Wave device ever made... :roll:

Matt can answer the question about support since he does the Z-Wave work.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:24 am
Umtauscher offline

As I tried to say, I wouldn‘t mind buying things, if I would be sure they were supported soon.
But that‘s not whats happening.

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Which specific modules are you referring to? We do have a continuous backlog of device definitions to add – there is no avoiding that. Depending on the device type some definitions are much easier to add than others. Often times we have to work with users building beta versions of Indigo's Z-Wave library to create the definition (since we don't physically have all the modules). It can be a time consuming process, and one which requires cooperation with our users (including submitting device definitions). When a device gets implemented depends on both the complexity of the definition needed, our ability to either acquire the device or have someone we can work with to troubleshoot the definition, and how popular the device request is. A complex module that doesn't have much demand isn't going to be at the top of the list.

We've also added the ability to send raw Z-Wave commands and create triggers on incoming commands, which often provides a workaround for devices that don't yet have definitions.

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:54 pm
Umtauscher offline

FGR-223 as the topic states.

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For real man? Like Jay and now I have said, we cannot support the module until we get more information about it and have someone likely willing to work with us. Apparently that isn't you, which is fine, but then don't complain that it is taking a long time for its support to be added.

Posted on
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Umtauscher wrote:
FGR-223 as the topic states.

Let me refresh your memory: on Feb 8, 2019, you wrote:

Umtauscher wrote:
Maybe I will provide the details when I get them...

This is your last post until your reply today. It seems from that post that you 1) don't have the device and 2) if you did get one you may or may not provide details. You never did, either on this thread or by submitting device information with a description of what works and what doesn't. Matt explicitly says:

Matt (support) wrote:
They selected the "works pretty well with some issues" popup but didn't provide any details beyond that.

meaning that we didn't have any details beyond that as to what does and doesn't work about the device. You didn't offer the information he needs. Claiming otherwise is just disingenuous...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn