Z-Wave equivalent of execute insteon scene

Posted on
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:50 pm
peszko offline

Z-Wave equivalent of execute insteon scene

I'm slowly moving to z-wave from insteon and trying to figure out how to do some things that I had with insteon. One of the things is "execute insteon scene". I have some areas in the house where several lights are tied to an insteon scene, so I can turn them all on to a specific level all at once. Can something like that be done with z-wave. In Indigo, I can see that I can have one to many associations between modules, but can I just send a scene directly from Indigo?

Posted on
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave equivalent of execute insteon scene

That's actually not an easy question to answer because there isn't a standard way that Z-Wave devices can do it. The most straight-forward answer is no, but if you create an action group (or a Device Group virtual device) with the appropriate settings it may approximate it enough for you. Z-Wave is much faster at sending/receiving commands, so we can send a bunch of on/brighten commands in a much shorter amount of time, and if the ramp rates of the various Z-Wave dimmer devices is sufficiently slow (like a second or more) then it's likely they will all be ramping roughly at the same time. Probably worth a try anyway.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1