GE (Jasco) Z-Wave Smart Motion Sensor (34193)

Posted on
Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:49 pm
wi_pedaler offline

GE (Jasco) Z-Wave Smart Motion Sensor (34193)

I just purchased one of these - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KQDIU52/
"GE Z-Wave Plus Wireless Smart Sensor, Motion Only, Portable, White, for Scene Activation and Remote Monitoring, 34193"

The unit seems to have added into Indigo successfully. It was assigned a unit ID and after sending a status request from Indigo, it reported the battery level.
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          connected to Z-Stick Plus (ZW090) interface on /dev/cu.usbmodem24311 (firmware 1.00)
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 010 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 011 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "010 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 2, 3, 5, 6
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "010 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed to assign return route
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed
   Z-Wave Error                    Timeout waiting for "010 - Notification Sensor". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "011 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 2, 4, 5, 6
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "011 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed to assign return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: General Electric - 0063, Notification Sensor - 49533133
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 4.24, app version 5.25
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Notification Sensor : Notification Sensor (04 : 07 : 01, base 00)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 30v1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 59v1 7Av1 5Av1 5Ev1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, battery, beaming, waking
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved wake interval of 60 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - device "011 - Notification Sensor" wake interval changed to 60 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: [1]
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - group 1 association to interface already exists (skipping)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved battery level of 100%
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "011 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
   Z-Wave                          sent "011 - Notification Sensor" status request
   Z-Wave                          received "011 - Notification Sensor" status update battery level 100%

However, it seems to not report any motion to Indigo. I have the sensor sitting near me on the desk and I can trigger motion, as confirmed by the red LED on the device. Nothing is logged in Indigo.

Does anyone have experience with this model?
I'm willing to adjust settings if needed - there's not much to change on the sensor - but if it doesn't work reliably i'm returning it.

Posted on
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:51 pm
CliveS offline

Re: GE (Jasco) Z-Wave Smart Motion Sensor (34193)

wi_pedaler wrote:
I just purchased one of these - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KQDIU52/
"GE Z-Wave Plus Wireless Smart Sensor, Motion Only, Portable, White, for Scene Activation and Remote Monitoring, 34193"

The unit seems to have added into Indigo successfully. It was assigned a unit ID and after sending a status request from Indigo, it reported the battery level.

However, it seems to not report any motion to Indigo. I have the sensor sitting near me on the desk and I can trigger motion, as confirmed by the red LED on the device. Nothing is logged in Indigo.

Does anyone have experience with this model?
I'm willing to adjust settings if needed - there's not much to change on the sensor - but if it doesn't work reliably i'm returning it.

Welcome to the twilight zone, you will find that you have several options for this new (to Indigo) motion sensor.

You maybe lucky if you send the Device Report it may make the next release (as it is only a motion sensor) but no date for that, it could be tomorrow, it could be weeks or even months away.

You could trigger off the raw data for On and Off but not everyone finds that easy to grasp.

You could send it back but that will mean it will never be included, it is a catch22, no one buys new devices because it takes months to include and so no one buys new devices!

Personally I modified a plugin (thanks to @howartp) that give me device and variable in triggers, schedules and control pages, but it is better to have it included in Indigo but at least I now have the option of support from day 1 for motion/contact/temp/lux/humidity/leak sensors, battery level and power plug output.

Your quickest way to get up and running is to use the Raw Data option and trigger off of that.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:15 pm
DaveL17 offline

You may be able to integrate it by following Matt's instructions on this post:
https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18194&start=15#p169972

The instructions apparently worked for the GE motion switch and I can confirm first-hand that they worked for the GE motion dimmer.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:20 am
wi_pedaler offline

Thank you, @Ianbrown. I have submitted the device info on the Indigo website, and am including the details from the log here.

Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.119
Node ID: 11
Model: Notification Sensor
Model ID: 49533133
Manufacturer: General Electric
Manufacturer ID: 0063
Protocol Version: 4.24
Application Version: 5.25
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Notification Sensor
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 07 : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 30v1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 59v1 7Av1 5Av1 5Ev1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, waking
Neighbors: 2, 4, 5, 6
Associations: 1:[1]
Config Values: - none -

Posted on
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:56 am
wi_pedaler offline

and Thank You, @DaveL17, for the raw packet thread.

Following those instructions, I triggered motion then checked the packets after seeing the red LED for motion ON:

0x01 0x0F 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x0B 0x09 0x71 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x07 0x08 0x00 0x72

Waiting the default 4 minutes (for this sensor) and seeing the "no motion" LED:

0x01 0x0F 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x0B 0x09 0x71 0x05 0x00 0x00 0x00 0xFF 0x07 0x00 0x00 0x7A

Until I can get my hands on a packet reference for this model from Jasco (nothing obvious on their website), I'll go with those as the on/off triggers. The log below shows the two test triggers that are now running.
Code: Select all
Dec 20, 2018 at 7:49:10 AM
   Trigger                         TEST-Bsmt Motion ON
   Trigger                         TEST-Bsmt Motion ON

Dec 20, 2018 at 7:53:36 AM
   Trigger                         TEST-Bsmt Motion OFF

If I read the syntax guide correctly, I could shorten the packet code (for OFF) to something like * 0x7A

P.S.: Is there a way to write packets into the log (even if only from a single unit/node/ID) from longer than 60 seconds? Fortunately this sensor is pretty basic - motion only - so I'm mainly looking for motion on/off, and maybe a status request response.

Posted on
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:22 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

lanbrown wrote:
I think Matt and Jay need both buttons used; the submit to Indigo and the write device details to the log. The log portion you just paste in this thread.

We really only need the first one. Doing the second doesn't hurt though... ;)

lanbrown wrote:
CliveS wrote:
You could send it back but that will mean it will never be included, it is a catch22, no one buys new devices because it takes months to include and so no one buys new devices!

Even if they sent it back, they could submit the info so that it could be included as a supported product later on. If the OP keeps it or sends it back, the info should be submitted regardless. It is already installed and configured in Indigo, so it would make no sense not to submit it.

Yes, snarkiness aside, once a device has been submitted via the button then it's on the list for consideration even if the user returns it.

lanbrown wrote:
I submitted an Enerwave outlet and it was added to the next release (7.2); so it does work.

Some devices are easier to add than others, which is why some happen more quickly than others.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 4:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.3 (and 7.3.1) are now available and should support the GE Smart Motion Sensor (34193 / ZW6302).

Page 1 of 1