Error in plugin execution

Posted on
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:56 am
steinis offline

Error in plugin execution

I get the following error on my z-Wave UZB plugg, im running High Sierra and transferred it from the z-way software. Seems like everything is working fine expect for the error.

Code: Select all
   Z-Wave Error                    Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 501, in startCommThread
    self.processCommThread()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 675, in processCommThread
    self.processQueueInPacket(packet)         # Subclass is required to define.
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2235, in processQueueInPacket
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2209, in _processFuncCall
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2270, in _processCommandReply
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2254, in _processFuncTriggersAndBroadcast
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2207, in _processFuncCall
  File "zwavecmd_multiinstanceinfo.py", line 271, in _processMultiEndPointPacket
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 113, in __init__
    self.str = ''.join([chr(byte) for byte in self.bytelist])
ValueError: chr() arg not in range(256)

Z-Wave Error                    exc type is <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
   Z-Wave Error                    restarting serial connection in 5.0 seconds
   Interface Failure               lost connection with interface
   Z-Wave                          connected to Z-Wave 4.61 static controller interface on /dev/cu.usbmodemFA131 (firmware 5.27)
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 056 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 082 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 087 - Basic Wall Controller
   Z-Wave                          received "vaskerom_bevegelse" status update is off

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:44 am
steinis offline

Re: Error in plugin execution

Its happening to times in a row with approximately 3 minutes interval.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:00 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

What version of Indigo are you running? This looks like a bug that was fixed in 7.1.1.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:13 am
steinis offline

Server version 7.1.0 and client 7.1.1.

I have download the the 7.1 version from the website, but can't see how I can upgrade to 7.1.1 on server?

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Just run the installer (on your Indigo Server Mac) and restart the Indigo Server. If that doesn't work try a Mac reboot.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:23 pm
steinis offline

Great thanks that seems to have fixed it:) I have another problem with all my fibaro motion sensor both the new and old model. No one is reporting lux or temp. Even if I tripped click the button on thendevice. I have also tried to re add.

Best place to start investigating?

And yes have set all parameters:) its working fine if I unplugg the UZB and put it back in my z-way controller.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:39 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If it works fine after you unplug the Z-Wave controller (also try reloading it via the Interfaces->Z-Wave menu item) then I think you have hit a different bug that will be fixed in the next release.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:00 pm
steinis offline

I explained a bit bad maybe. What I ment is that if I unplug the USB stick from Indigo and plug it back in my old Z-way software controller. The temperature and lux is updating fine. But when I plug it back into Indigo server no stars update for lux/temp values. I have used Indigo before and it was working great then with the same devices.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Inside Indigo right-click on the motion sensor device (not the lux or temp devices) and choose the Disable Communication option. Then repeat that but re-Enable Communication. Wait a while and see if LUX and temp are being reported at all or not.

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:15 pm
steinis offline

Think I found the problem, when I sync my devices with Indigo I see some strange associations:

Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: [208, 0]
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: [201, 0]
Z-Wave Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: [201, 0]

I look my devices and seems most of them have this strange setup. Also when I add a new device.

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

But did you try my suggestion above?

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 am
steinis offline

Yes. Noting happens. When I debug the log I can’t se any values being updated regards of lux/temp. Strange since motion and tamper works. But this must be something about the strange associations.

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:31 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try waking the motion sensor then re-syncing in its device dialog in Indigo. Also try turning on Indigo's debug logging checkbox (via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item) and then let it run for 30 minutes or so and copy/paste the Event Log results in a reply for us. Include the debug log for the 30 minutes and also include the re-sync that you did first.

Page 1 of 1