Z wave Inclusion Leviton DZ 6HD and DZ1KD

Posted on
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:46 am
jaj737@gmail.com offline

Z wave Inclusion Leviton DZ 6HD and DZ1KD

I have been using only insteon switches and devices for about 15 years, but as of late with the LED lights and fixtures in my house I have had to add some Leviton Z wave switches that are compatible with my lights, and stop the problem of flickering. I can control the lights with my Samsung smarthings hub with no problem. I added successfully one leviton Z wave DZ1KD but never was able to control it. It just showed up as ACK problem (in red) in my list of devices. I added a aeotec repeater which I can see in my list of devices on indigo and I have tried unsuccessfully to add a DZ6HD leviton dimmer (which is 3 feet from the Aeotec repeater) yet I cannot get it to add to my devices on indigo. I have deleted the DZ1KD and will try to add it. The DZ1KD is about 25 feet from the Aeotec repeater and the Leviton DZ6HD. My iMac with the Zstick vs 5 is about 35 feet from the repeater and the repeater and the DZ6HD. Is there a way that I can put the zStick in my MacBook air and move closer to the switches to add them? Any other suggestions?

Posted on
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z wave Inclusion Leviton DZ 6HD and DZ1KD

Are you excluding the modules from the Smarthings Hub first, then including them in the Z-Stick? Modules can only be included with 1 primary controller at a time, so they have to be excluded first before trying to include them with the Z-Stick.

If that isn't the problem then copy/paste (into a reply) the Event Log window results after you do an inclusion and try to sync the device in Indigo.

Posted on
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:50 am
jaj737@gmail.com offline

I was wondering about that. I have the Leviton Z wave switches and they are included in my Samsung smart hub. I will exclude them and give it another try. thanks

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:07 pm
jaj737@gmail.com offline

Ok, good news. after a phone call to samsung support I was finally able to exclude the leviton zwave switches. Then I had to include them into indigo. That was little difficult. First I had to remove the switches from the J box and connect them to a power from a corded plug. Then plug the switch in to an outlet at my desk where my iMac and zStick are located. After that I had no problem including them into my indigo network. One more weird thing. I tried moving the switch called "chandelier" into my "living" folder in the indigo app. It would show up in the list for the indigo folder but NOT on the indigo touch. So, hmmmm I duplicated (copied) the "chandelier" and created "chandelier copy" then moved it to the "living folder" and it then showed up in the "living" folder on the indigo app. I have had indigo and indigo touch since the original versions and never had a problem putting devices into folder in the app????? :D

Posted on
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:40 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you sure Indigo Touch is connected to the correct server? Sometimes what appears to be an out-of-sync issue is actually because you're connecting to an old server instance somewhere (pre 7.1).

The organization of objects in folders should be mirrored - Indigo Touch gets that data from the Indigo Server just like everything else so I'm not sure what else would cause them to be out of sync.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1