Monoprice Motion and Multi Sensor include problems

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:15 am
espressodaily offline

Monoprice Motion and Multi Sensor include problems

I have a few monoprice motion sensors, they worked fine with Vera, but none of them are recognized by the z-stick. They don't even fail. The stick seems to ignore them.

Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Detector with Temperature Sensor, NO Logo http://tinyurl.com/y97yjs5m
Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor, Temperature - Humidity - Light http://tinyurl.com/ydyhuohl

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:40 am
mundmc offline

Re: Monoprice Motion and Multi Sensor include problems

espressodaily wrote:
Monoprice Z-Wave Plus PIR Multi Sensor, Temperature - Humidity - Light http://tinyurl.com/ydyhuohl

I am using the Zooz version of this, and three Monoprice versions should be arriving today. Model ZSE40

When you are in Indigo, are you
1) Adding a new Indigo Device, then going into discover or pairing or whatever mode?

2) Are you rapidly mashing a paper clip, repeatedly and immediately, once in pairing mode?

Steps 1 and 2 worked for me for the Zooz variant. I’ll chime back in if I have that problem with the Monoprice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 am
autolog offline

If you were previously using them with Vera, have you excluded them before trying to include them?
I wasn't clear from your problem description as to whether you have included them successfully or not. :)

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 am
espressodaily offline

Can't get z-stick to respond to exclude either

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:44 am
espressodaily offline

OK. tried again pressing MANY times with paperclip and got them to include! Hopefully they will send out on/off status. Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:36 pm
Different Computers offline

My experience with the multi sensor was that the included instructions for invoking include and exclude mode are just flat wrong. I had to press many many times quickly to get it to enter those modes.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:59 pm
mundmc offline

espressodaily wrote:
OK. tried again pressing MANY times with paperclip and got them to include! Hopefully they will send out on/off status. Thanks!

Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:34 pm
espressodaily offline

All good here. Both types work pretty quickly in sending out status ON

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:07 am
mundmc offline

espressodaily wrote:
All good here. Both types work pretty quickly in sending out status ON

I may be missing something, but one of my new Monoprice ZSE40’s seems to not want to send an ‘off’ for motion detection.

Thoughts?

Posted on
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:24 pm
jltnol offline

So I just got a Monoprice 4-in-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature, Humidity, and Light sensors, but can't get it included in the Z-wave network.

The instructions say to press the program switch on the device, and the LED should blink 5 times, but it doesn't. Five blinks would indicate that is is NOT associated with a Z-Wave network, but it only blinks once.

Past that, the instructions say to put the network into inclusion mode... Ok.. no biggie there...

Next step is to press the Program Switch on the device again to start the inclusion process, but alas, nothing happens.

I'm gong to leave the batteries out over night to see if that helps, but I suspect there is a smaller battery that keeps network data intact when the main battery goes down and/or is being replaced.

The program switch takes a press of about a second to elicit any response from the device, but no matter how many times I press that button, or how fast, nothing seems to be happening. I'm not on top of Zwave as others, but have easily managed to associate other devices with my network... up to 18 now.. All were super simple after I understood how the process works... but.. this... still no luck.

Not sure if anyone has any ideas but I'm open to suggestions... I've already tried removing the Z-Stick from the computer and trying that process... but still no luck.

Posted on
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:32 am
autolog offline

jltnol wrote:
... The instructions say to press the program switch on the device, and the LED should blink 5 times, but it doesn't. Five blinks would indicate that is is NOT associated with a Z-Wave network, but it only blinks once.
Not sure if anyone has any ideas but I'm open to suggestions... I've already tried removing the Z-Stick from the computer and trying that process... but still no luck.

The fact that the light only blinks once (when it is meant to blink five times) suggests that it might have previously been included in another Z-Wave network (at the factory?).

Try doing an exclude before you do the include. :)

Posted on
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:35 am
DaveL17 offline

+1

This has bitten me more than once.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 am
jltnol offline

Yep.

Already tried this move.

Posted on
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:12 am
autolog offline

jltnol wrote:

Yep.

Already tried this move.

Have you tried the exclude by unplugging the Z-Stick and taking it to the device and doing an exclude that way? If not, might be worth trying that. :)

Posted on
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 am
jltnol offline

Have you tried the exclude by unplugging the Z-Stick and taking it to the device and doing an exclude that way? If not, might be worth trying that. :)

So yes, just tried that, but no go. The problem could be that the device is included in another network, and not associated with my Z-stick, so I can't exclude it from something it is not included in.

Either way, trying to include or exclude the device directly to the Zstick isn't working either...

And this device is about the size of a match book, so its easy to bring it to the stick, so to speak...

Still working on it....