Ultimate zwave dimmer module

Posted on
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:59 am
siclark offline

Ultimate zwave dimmer module

Now I'm getting more advanced with my lighting setup, using extra switches to control other loads via associations and moving over to momentary switches, I'm finding myself having to choose functionality between devices.

I like the qubinos for 3 switch inputs, means I can use an up and down momentary switch on inputs 1 and 2, plus have another switch next to it connected to S3 for associations. However it doesn't do scenes which would be awesome with a momentary switch on S3, ie single click, double click, hold etc. They are tiny but the setup is a nightmare and they don't respond to zwave parameters like they should.

The fibaros are reliable, can do scenes on S2 but then I have to have a toggle switch for the load, so no dimming at switch, or expect visitors to use the momentary switch to turn on and off. If I do toggle switch for the load, am I right in thinking I can't use momentary for scenes on S2?

Aeotec, is like the fibaro but without scenes. Can do OTA upgrades.

What I'd love is for fibaro to add an S3 input, or qubino to enable OTA upgrades and scenes.

Is this expecting too much or even better, am I missing a device that does this already?

Having said all this, it's been a while since I used the light switch in a couple of rooms, smart automation with motion sensors, plus Alexa voice override means they aren't in much use. Maybe I concentrate on getting that perfect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1