Is Schlage FE599NX Supported? [Answered]

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:11 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Is Schlage FE599NX Supported? [Answered]

I bought a new Schlage FE599NX lock and could not get it to pair up to my Z-stick Gen 5 and did some searching on here and found 1 person who seemed to make it work - indicating that it might be supported, but I cannot for the life of me get this to pair to my Z-stick. The logs don't show much of anything at all happening when I try to include this with or without encryption. Any suggestions or should I just dump Schlage and get the far less positive reviewed Kwikset since Schlage can't seem to take you off a support call hold for nearly two hours :roll:.
Last edited by Colorado4Wheeler on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:33 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Is Schlage FE599NX Supported?

Have you tried excluding it first (then re-including with encryption)? Sometimes they will come from the factory already included with a controller so you have to exclude it first before it will allow a re-inclusion.

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I did, several times, to no avail. Their tech support also had me try that. Of course they have never heard of Z-stick nor Indigo so their pat answer is "well, we don't support that".

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:09 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

How far is the Z-Stick from the lock? Any way to temporarily relocate the Mac or lock to be just a couple of feet away from one another for the inclusion process?

Posted on
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:52 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

The lock has never been installed on the door (I learned my lesson from when I installed my Yale back pre-7.0 with Vera). The Indigo and Z-stick are in my office with the lock.

• Normal method using Zwave->Inclusion Mode With Encryption - distance about 8 feet
  • Same as above, no encryption
  • Unpair the lock 5 times (to be sure), retry first two methods
  • Try first two methods with lock sitting right next to Z-stick
  • Try pairing with Z-stick using the Z-stick button (unplugged from Indigo computer) and right next to lock

And this morning I whipped out the old Vera and PRESTO, nothing changed :D. Now Vera is a supported system so I'm going to RMA this and try one more and if that doesn't do the trick then I'll go another route I guess.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

If anyone else comes across this thread, this lock IS supported and WILL work, the one I got was a dud apparently because the replacement worked and I ordered 5 more and they all worked as well. The docs aren't clear on how you pair these, though, and I had to do some searching to find it so for future reference:

1. In Indigo, go to Interface -> Z-wave -> Start Inclusion Mode With Encryption
  2. Press the Schlage button
  3. Enter the 6-digit programming code (found in the manual as well as the inside of the lock)
  4. Press the Schlage button again
  5. Press the 0 button, this puts the lock into pairing mode

I've also found the Z-wave Lock Manager plugin an absolute necessity when it comes to managing user codes on Z-wave locks. On these Schlage and my Yales, the sequence of keys required to set or disable a user code is terrible and this plugin makes it a snap and has worked for me every single time. Cudos to HowardP for his great work on that plugin!!!

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Is Schlage FE599NX Supported? [Answered]

Thanks for the follow-up report, and I'm glad you got it up and working!

Page 1 of 1