Dome Motion Detector

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 11:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Dome Motion Detector

I'm referring to what is written to the log when you press the button inside the Trigger settings dialog. That dumps out the last 60 seconds of received packets in the correct format. That is what you should be using.

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 11:34 am
Different Computers offline

Aha!

Thanks.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 3:26 pm
howartp offline

matt (support) wrote:
The 04 after the the node ID (2C) is the length of the packet that starts on the next byte so the 0C is included. The very last byte is always the checksum.

Ah, I hadn’t worked out that byte - I always ignore it!

Makes sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed May 09, 2018 4:35 pm
Different Computers offline

With all your help and Capture Raw Packet, this is now reporting Motion to Indigo.

Has it already been added to the "Please Support" list? Is there more that you need from it if not? I used the submit device form.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2018 12:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, it is definitely on the list to be supported in a future version.

Posted on
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:42 pm
gabbas offline

This isn't supported yet in 7.2 is it? I just bought one and tried it but it doesn't seem to work out of the box.

So I made some Match Raw Packet triggers and they work, but is there any way to make them change the state of the Indigo device? I made a separate boolean variable to use as a target for the Match Raw Packet actions, and that works, but I'd rather just use the device rather than having to make a variable.

Posted on
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, you can create Triggers using the Match Raw Packet that catch both the ON and OFF commands coming from the module then have them execute actions like this to update the device's state.

Code: Select all
dev = indigo.devices[1201449352] # your motion sensor ID here, can copy by right-clicking on the device
indigo.device.turnOn(dev, updateStatesOnly=True)

dev = indigo.devices[1201449352] # your motion sensor ID here, can copy by right-clicking on the device
indigo.device.turnOff(dev, updateStatesOnly=True)

FYI, getting this module a definition in Indigo is pretty high on my priority list – I had hoped it would make it into 7.2 but it didn't.

Posted on
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:47 am
gabbas offline

That works! Thanks Matt.

Posted on
Sun May 12, 2019 4:31 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.3 (and 7.3.1) are now available and should support the Dome Motion Sensor (DMMS1).

Posted on
Mon May 13, 2019 6:08 am
WagnerOne offline

Hi,

I bought the mentioned Dome sensor (DMMS1) and added it to my Indigo 7.3.0 environment yesterday.

The motion aspects work fine, but the luminance aspects are not working as expected.

The unit is set up with all defaults in terms of timing and such. Last update is recent, but no value shows in the Sensor Value and it has remained "no ack" since setup.

Does this sound like a config issue or a bad Dome unit?

Mike

Posted on
Mon May 13, 2019 8:35 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re-sync the device in Indigo (from the device dialog) then copy/paste the Event Log window's result into a reply for me.

Posted on
Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 am
WagnerOne offline

After watching it a while, it did seem to be sending Lux updates every so often, but not on the 180 second schedule.

I had some technical difficulties (caused by me I think) simply re-syncing it, so I deleted the device and removed it and re-added it altogether.

Before I did that I also "Removed failed modules" several times from the Z-wave controller before it got them all cleaned up. That may well be unrelated, but it made me feel good to remove some bunk entries and this Dome device. :wink:

Here is the log detail for that re-adding session:

May 15, 2019 at 9:57:32 AM
   Z-Wave                          controller included module: 012 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          stopped controller inclusion mode
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "012 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "012 - Notification Sensor"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Dome - 021F, Motion Sensor (DMMS1) - 00030083
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 4.05, app version 3.92
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Notification Sensor : Notification Sensor (04 : 07 : 01, base 00)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 30v1 70v1 31v7 72v1 73v1 71v1 59v1 5Av1 5Ev1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, battery, beaming, waking
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved wake interval of 720 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - device "012 - Notification Sensor" wake interval changed to 60 minutes
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 2 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 3 associations: []
   Trigger                         Timer Expired - Basement Lights Off
   Action Group                    Basement Lights Off
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 4 associations: []
   Sent X10                        "Basement Laundry Lights" off (address)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 1 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 4 "Enable motion sensor" is true
   Sent X10                        "Basement Workbench Lights" off (address)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 1 "Motion sensor sensitivity" is 12
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 2 "Off delay" is 30 seconds
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 6 "Re-trigger interval" is 8 seconds
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 9 "Luminance sensitivity" is 100 LUX
   Sent X10                        "Basement Computer Light" off
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 7 "Luminance reporting interval" is 180 seconds
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved parameter 10 "LED blink during motion" is true
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved battery level of 100%
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "012 - Motion Sensor"
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_31129718 for "012 - Motion Sensor"
   SQL Logger                      adding column "batterylevel" to table device_history_31129718 ("012 - Motion Sensor")
   SQL Logger                      adding column "batterylevel_ui" to table device_history_31129718 ("012 - Motion Sensor")
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "012 - Luminance"
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1331053306 for "012 - Luminance"
   SQL Logger                      adding column "sensorvalue" to table device_history_1331053306 ("012 - Luminance")
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
   SQL Logger                      adding column "sensorvalue_ui" to table device_history_1331053306 ("012 - Luminance")
   Z-Wave                          sent "012 - Motion Sensor" status request
   Z-Wave                          received "012 - Motion Sensor" status update is on
   Z-Wave                          received "012 - Motion Sensor" status update battery level 100%
   Z-Wave                          sent "012 - Luminance" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "Basement Wash Basin Light" off
   Z-Wave                          sent "Basement Stairway Light" off
   Z-Wave                          received "012 - Motion Sensor" status update is on

Posted on
Wed May 15, 2019 9:09 am
WagnerOne offline

Still get red dot and "no ack" when I send a status update, but I presume this is expected since its a z-wave battery powered device.

Posted on
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:46 pm
t-star offline

Having the same issue.

Posted on
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 pm
Furball offline

Has there been any resolution to the luminance no ack issue?