Aeotec Door/Window Sensor (Gen 5) [ZW120-C]

Posted on
Fri May 04, 2018 10:36 am
autolog offline

Aeotec Door/Window Sensor (Gen 5) [ZW120-C]

I have just installed an Aeotec Door/Window Sensor (Gen 5) [ZW120-C].

I have to say that of all the door sensors I have tried, this has to be one of the easiest to install. What is really useful is being able to keep the device awake for 10 minutes by pressing the action button for three seconds. You can also keep it awake by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. The upshot is that it makes syncing the device to Indigo a breeze - no more trying to click a button three times in 1 second to get a device to stay awake and then having to sync it within 10 seconds! :D

Having sung its praises, I have a question about the tamper switch. If I dismount the device, the Indigo tamper device goes on, which is what I would expect. However, if I remount the device, the Indigo tamper device goes off. Normally, for other devices, you would have to do a manual reset of the tamper device. As it is resetting itself, it doesn't immediately stand out as an issue.

Obviously, I can see some workarounds for this i.e. set a trigger to set a tamper variable to True if the tamper is triggered. However, I wonder whether it should be working like this or maybe Indigo should have an option to not reset the tamper device?

Posted on
Tue May 08, 2018 10:52 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeotec Door/Window Sensor (Gen 5) [ZW120-C]

Adding an option to Indigo to ignore the incoming tamper reset (off) command is a good thought. Lots of Z-Wave module don't send the reset/off command for tamper state (requiring the user to manually turn it off), but apparently is it vendor/model specific on what they choose to do.

Page 1 of 1