Z-wave devices communications randomly disabled

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:46 am
durosity offline

Re: Z-wave devices communications randomly disabled

I woke up to another one as I described above this morning.. so heating was completely off overnight and the house is freezing :/.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:19 am
durosity offline

Oh dear it's getting worse.

Code: Select all
  Z-Wave Error                    failed to get module 003 info from controller (LowLevelBadParameterError -- copyFrom source and destination type mismatch (object may have changed classes))
   Z-Wave Error                    failed to get module 005 info from controller (LowLevelBadParameterError -- copyFrom source and destination type mismatch (object may have changed classes))
   Embedded script executor host started
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 014 - Dimmable Power Switch

Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 020 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave Error                    module 027 included in controller no longer matches device "Bedroom 1 - Claire's Light" type (controller module type: zwDimmerType/zwDimmerType (4, 17, 7), indigo device type: zwDimmerType (4, 17, 1))
   Interface Failure               lost connection with interface
   Z-Wave Error                    to re-enable the devices with new z-wave modules, press the "Define and Sync..." button in the device dialog
   Trigger                         Motion: Lounge - Motion Detected
   Z-Wave                          received "023 - Dining - Stella Z TRV" status update battery level 36%

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:47 am
Colly offline

durosity wrote:
Oh dear it's getting worse.

I posted previously about issues I've had with either a sync or optimise, see http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=19073&start=15 - are your problems occurring around this time or randomly? Thankfully my issues are now down to 1 Fibaro universal module which disappears only at the sync or optimise time.

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:49 am
durosity offline

It’s happening intermittently, no set time. I did an optimise a while ago, might try a fresh one

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:49 am
CliveS offline

Well it looks like it maybe a UK problem, possibly a bad batch, I got mine from Vesternet on 17 December 2015, anyone else having the problem with a purchase from Vesternet (or other suppliers) around that time?

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:18 am
shapa offline

High Sierra, but it happens before on 10.12 as well.

Attaching the log file - a lot of errors one morning :()

Actually started after 7.0 -> 7.1 upgrade.

The device is UZB1
Attachments
2017-12-23-Events.txt
(139.04 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

Posted on
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:05 pm
durosity offline

shapa wrote:
The device is UZB1

So that’d rule out it being a device specific issue.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 am
durosity offline

Optimise hadnt helped but as expected a reboot has. However this isn’t the first time it’s happened.. tends to be it slowly progressively gets worse until a reboot and the process repeats. I suspect it’s something to do with comms between indigo and the z-stick.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm still investigating this. While I'm pretty sure the interface is getting into a bad state, I'm looking into having Indigo can better detect this and try to recover, or at least not disable devices.

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm
durosity offline

I was thinking it might be nice for a trigger for interface issues.. then if indigo can’t resolve the issues itself it could at the very least send a notification or something to alert us.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 am
immergruen offline

I‘ve the same yesterday.
Tried to resync but was not possible.
As i have a Backup of my z-Wave Stick gen 5, put it in and restart my Mac and the problem was gone.
I think it must be something with the stick

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 am
CliveS offline

durosity wrote:
I was thinking it might be nice for a trigger for interface issues.. then if indigo can’t resolve the issues itself it could at the very least send a notification or something to alert us.

I have a trigger, works 100% and never fails to alert me, unfortunately she also lets me know that the "thing" has gone wrong "again" and to stop wasting time and money on gadgets that don't work :cry:

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 pm
howartp offline

Hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:16 pm
kg23 offline

I am also experiencing z-wave problems after the upgrading to 7.x from 6. My z-wave network was rock solid for years, but now most of my motion sensors fail status checks. I just reset my Zstick S2 and started re-adding various sensors. Almost immediately one of them became non-responsive:
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT requestAlarmSensorStatus: 01 09 00 13 12 02 71 04 25 59 FC
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestAlarmSensorStatus: 01 05 00 13 59 01 B1 (node NAK)
   Z-Wave Error                    send "Living Room Motion Sensor" status request failed

Syncing fails:
   Z-Wave Debug                    intiatingSyncUI (timeout in 1500 seconds)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "Living Room Motion Sensor"
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT getNodeNeighbors: 01 06 00 80 12 01 01 6B
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD getNodeNeighbors: 01 20 01 80 01 00 90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 CF
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  getNodeNeighbors: nodeId 018, neighbors: 1, 21, 24
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 21, 24
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "018 - Living Room Motion Sensor"
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT assignReturnRoute: 01 05 00 46 12 01 AF
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD assignReturnRoute: 01 04 01 46 01 BD
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD assignReturnRoute: 01 05 00 46 01 01 BC
   Z-Wave Debug                    . .  assignReturnRoute: node 018, success 0
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed to assign return route
   Z-Wave Debug                    SENT requestNodeInfo: 01 06 00 60 12 24 5B F4
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestNodeInfo: 01 06 00 49 81 00 00 31
   Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD requestNodeInfo: failed (module asleep or doesn't support command)
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed
   Z-Wave Error                    No response from "018 - Living Room Motion Sensor". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.
   Z-Wave Debug                    terminatingSyncUI

The sensor has a good battery and is close to the Zstick.

Posted on
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Any chance there is RF interference from wireless devices of any kind? I was certain I was having massive Zwave issues when I updated to 7 and after resetting everything and replacing the z stick it ended up being a wireless camera causing it. Now perhaps 7 had some change that made it more susceptible to radio interferences but once I shut down the camera the world was set straight once again.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here