Qubino Flush 1D Relay not working_

Posted on
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:20 am
siclark offline

Re: Qubino Flush 1D Relay not working_

matt (support) wrote:

I thoroughly dislike some of these Qubino modules.

I thoroughly dislike all of their modules. Given up working with their support to get them to provide the features they claim to ship with and I have had 2 relays fail on me but none from any other manufacturer.
They are all getting replaced with fibaro and aeotec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri May 03, 2019 4:38 pm
7rdr7 offline

Thanks for your post Matt. I spent a few hours trying to figure this module out (ZMNHND3). Your post fixed the problem, but what a wacky set-up.
- temperature probe & relay wouldn't work at the same time.
All working now.

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 am
MartynD offline

Hi

I have the same problem, e.g. I can have a working relay or an updating temp sensor, but seemingly not both. After contacting Qubino support, they suggest a full reset - already done - but no different. I have tried the 'soft' reset but cannot get it to re-sync, it just times out. I have had the device for a while, it used to trigger my gates, but I have repurposed it to switch lights, and added the temp sensor. Before re-using it was factory reset. Looks like I will have to change to the standard relay rather than the 'dry contact' type. I have a few Qubino units and this is one of two with a temp sensor, all the others behave very well, especially in Indigo (not so good in Vera). Big advantage of Qubino is the temp sensor, pity the firmware is not so good. Will report back if Qubino support come back with a fix.

Martyn

Posted on
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

After you did the full reset did you follow these steps (which are slightly different and more detailed than what I emailed you the other day):

Turn on the Input 2 notifications checkbox in the settings dialog (which sets config parm 100 to 9). After doing that you have to do the ridiculous exclude, wait 30 seconds with no power connected, re-include, and re-sync steps.

Posted on
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:55 am
MartynD offline

I can see why you dislike some of the Qubino devices.......... starting to agree myself.

Yes, I think I have tried all possible combinations, with I2 enabled, disabled, changed param 100 manually. Done full reset, and tried re-syncing to the old device, tried adding a new device and re-syncing using the old device. No joy. One problem I have is the unit is difficult to get to and not easy to keep trying different options without rebuilding around it. I hope Qubino support might come back with some options (?). I have a Qubino double relay with temp sensor and that just worked out of the box, really disappointed with this unit.

I will let you know how I get on with support.

Posted on
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:06 am
CrazyFin offline

@Martyn:

You must NOT do a FULL reset after you have enabled input 2 notifications (param 100 to 9).
You do ONLY a SOFT reset which means that you keep the service button pushed more than 2 seconds but less than 6 seconds when controller is in exclusion mode.

If I remember the procedure correctly here is how I did to get temp sensor working and updating in Indigo:

Start with doing a factory reset WITHOUT temp sensor connected to make sure that the device is "clean" from all config parameters and in default mode:

1. Do a full exclusion with factory reset of the parameters when the temp sensor is NOT connected. Do the exclusion to factory settings by these two methods:
if connected to 24VDC (my preferred method) then keep the service button pushed MORE than 6 seconds when controller is in exclusion mode
or
if connected to 240VAC then you must press I1 five times within 3 seconds during the first 60 seconds when powering on the device

2. Disconnect the device from power and wait at least 30 seconds

3. Connect temp sensor to device
4. Put controller in inclusion mode
5. Power on the device and it should auto-include within 30 seconds. Note that the auto-inclusion is only active 5 seconds after you power on the device so you must put the controller FIRST into inclusion mode and then you power on the device. If auto-inclusion does not work then you can either
if connected to 24VDC (my preferred method) then keep the service button pushed MORE than 2 seconds BUT LESS than 6 seconds when controller is in inclusion mode. This time window of 2 to 6 seconds is important since if you press the service button more than 6 seconds then you are doing a full factory reset again
or
if connected to 240VAC then you must press I1 three times within 3 seconds during the first 60 seconds when powering on the device

6. Now enable input 2 notifications in Indigo.

7. Time for the soft reset!
Set your controller/Indigo into exclusion mode
if connected to 24VDC (my preferred method) then keep the service button pushed MORE than 2 seconds BUT LESS than 6 seconds when controller is in inclusion mode. This time window of 2 to 6 seconds is important since if you press the service button more than 6 seconds then you are doing a full factory reset again
or
if connected to 240VAC then you must press I1 three times within 3 seconds during the first 60 seconds when powering on the device

8. After the soft exclude is finished disconnect device from power and wait at least 30 seconds.

9. Set your controller into inclusion mode and reconnect device to power.
It should autoinclude within 30 seconds but if it does not do the same process as I described in 5 above.

The Qubino Flush 1D relay with temp sensor should now work properly.

All above info found in the manual where you can download from for example
https://products.z-wavealliance.org/Pro ... _1.6.2.pdf
Read page 38 and 39 and 45.

I have experienced a problem where the temp update suddenly stops reporting even though the on/off function works fine. Power cycling the device gets the temp updates back. I have not received back an answer from Qubino about this issue.

My Qubino Flush 1D relay has firmware 4.00 according to the device info in Indigo. What firmware do you have?

Posted on
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:04 am
MartynD offline

Hi

I am pretty sure I have done exactly as you advise - I followed the instructions in the manual first. I will try again using your instruction to the letter and let you know how it goes. If not , I have a Qubino standard mains relay which I will swop out for this one if need be.

Details of the device from the log file, Protocol Version is 4.05
Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.124
Node ID: 24
Model: Flush 1D Micro Relay (ZMNHND)
Model ID: 00020053
Manufacturer: Qubino
Manufacturer ID: 0159
Protocol Version: 4.05
Application Version: 1.02
Model Definition Version: 5
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Relay Power Switch
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 10 : 01
Command Class Base: 25
Command Versions: 20v1 60v4 25v1 86v1 27v1 8Ev1 70v1 31v7 72v1 73v1 59v1
5Av1 5Ev1 85v1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: 1:(10 : 01), 2:(21 : 01)
Multi-Endpoint Classes: 1:[5E 86 20 27 25 85 8E 59], 2:[5E 86 31 85 8E 59]
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, beaming
Neighbors: 12
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[1] 3:[] 4:[] 5:[] 6:[1]
Config Values: 1:1 2:0 100:0 110:32536 120:5 30:1 63:1

I will let you know. Thanks for the advice.

Martyn

Posted on
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:18 am
CrazyFin offline

Hi Martyn

It took me several attempts before I really understood the procedure to do the software reset versus hardware reset properly.

I also really prefer to connect the device FIRST to a 24VDC power supply in order to be able to work with the device safely and in order to be able to use the service button for the inclusion and exclusion processes.

When all is working as it should I put the device into its intended mounting place and then do a Optimization of the Z-Wave network and its neighbours for that particular device and then finally test the device in its new location.

It looks like your device has firmware 4.05 (I think "protocol version" is the same as firmware version but maybe @Matt can confirm this). So you definitely have a newer firmware version than I have.
It will be interesting to see if your temp sensor works as it should when you have finally got it included properly compared to mine that after few days or weeks of working fine suddenly stops to report temp... :-(

As a final resort: I am happy to test your device in my network here at my home in Sweden if you want to post your device over here.

Posted on
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:48 am
MartynD offline

Hi

I have had a reply from Qubino:

I am not sure if indigo 7 supports this, but one thing you can try to do is, you can dissable parameter 100, so change it to value 0, then exclude the device, make sure the temperature probe is connected and reinclude the device. When the device is included, remove the association group 1 (it should be set to node id 1). Set multichannel association group 1 to node id 1, and set singlechannel association group 2 to node id 1. This configuration should enable the device to send all necessary reports to the gateway.

Multichannel ?????????

All seems so complicated, and not entirely successful for you if your sensor keeps dropping out.

Martyn

Posted on
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:26 am
MartynD offline

Hi

Success !!. After messing about for ages the relay is now working, switching lights AND reading temps, happy days. I followed the full reset / soft reset to the letter and its now fine. I was fairly sure that this procedure was done previously, but possibly powered off in between some stages and not left long enough (when I was fixing lights into the wiring), anyway we are operational.

Many thanks for your help.
Martyn

Posted on
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 am
MartynD offline

Crazyfin wrote:

It will be interesting to see if your temp sensor works as it should when you have finally got it included properly compared to mine that after few days or weeks of working fine suddenly stops to report temp...

After a couple of weeks - or thereabouts - the device stopped updating the temp sensor reading automatically, I could do it manually, so I set the polling interval to 10 mins and since then it has been updating automatically.

Martyn

Posted on
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:36 am
CrazyFin offline

@Martyn:

Aaah! That was a great suggestion!
I tested that as well and doing a "Status Request" does indeed update the temp data. So I decided to set the device to be polled every 5th minute and it works perfectly fine.
Wonderful! Thanks Martyn!

Posted on
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:51 am
MartynD offline

Crazyfin

Happy to help.

Martyn

Posted on
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:31 am
zoff offline

I'm considering the Qubino Flush Really because of the built in timer function but after reading these posts its seems like these units are buggy. Are there any other relays that run on 24VDC with built in timer function?

Posted on
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:02 am
MartynD offline

The Qubino units sometimes can be tricky to set up, the 1D relay has been the only one I have had issues with, but once set up they work very well. I do not understand what you mean by 'timer'. My main reason for the !D was the load and power supply can be different, e.g mains 240v to power the unit and 12/24v dc to power the load, very useful for tripping switches on garage doors or powered gates.

Martyn