Fibaro double switch

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:30 am
gillekes offline

Fibaro double switch

Hi,

I've got a Fibaro double relay switch which I think could be added to the stick, but the device is not syncing. The double relay is far from the stick. Just wondering if this beahviour could be normal. (The stick sees the relay, but can not sync)

Thanks,

Gilles

Posted on
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro double switch

That can happen if it is too far away. Try adding another module (like a plug-in lamp/appliance module) between the Fibaro and the Z-Stick to see if that helps.

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 am
gillekes offline

Hi Mat,

Thanks for replying.

I tried the following
1. I added a Fibaro shuko relay nearer to the mac. I was able to sync the module but it doesn' t respond to any comand. It won't respond even at 1 meter distance.

The log for this module reports the follwoing:
27/11/2017, 16:59:06
Z-Wave sent "015 - Relay shuko" off

27/11/2017, 17:01:33
Z-Wave sent "015 - Relay shuko" on

No errors?

2. After rebooting the Mac I was able to sync the double switch module.
The thing is that it is also not responding to any command.
The log says the following:

27/11/2017, 16:43:54
Z-Wave Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 501, in startCommThread
self.processCommThread()
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 700, in processCommThread
self.logError(str(exc))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 21-22: ordinal not in range(128)

Z-Wave Error exc type is <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Z-Wave Error restarting serial connection in 5.0 seconds
Interface Failure lost connection with interface
Z-Wave connected to Z-Wave 3.95 static controller interface on /dev/cu.usbmodem1D11 (firmware 1.00)
Z-Wave found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 014 - Relay Power Switch

All the modules that were added before are working normal.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Based on that error it doesn't look like you are running the most recent version of Indigo (7.1.1). I'm not positive that is going to fix the communication problem you are seeing, but it will at least prevent that exception that is causing the Z-Wave library to have to completely reset itself. So, let's take care of that first then see what happens.

Also, what version of macOS are you running?

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:14 am
gillekes offline

Hi Mat,,
Once again, thanks for replying. Yeah should have checked the version :(

So updated Indigo and the errors are gone. Meanwhile I could make the double switch work by not using the wide inclusion function but yes the old way by taking the USB interface to the double switch, include them and then sync them.

I think this is due to distance.

Anyway got it working. Thanks for your support

Gilles

Posted on
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Turribeach offline

Had a similar problem with Fibaro FGS 223 Double Switch, I couldn't get the switch included using the controller wide inclusion mode from Indigo. I tried the old way of including using the Z-Wave Aeotec Z-Stick (Series 2) but when I take the stick out of my Mac and press the button it doesn't blink like it used to do to indicate that it is in inclusion mode. I am not sure if this function is disabled now by Indigo or perhaps the internal Z-Stick battery that allows for it to work unplugged has died? Anyway the solution for me was to bring the Double Switch very close to the computer using a temporary electrical cable to power the Double Switch. I put Indigo in inclusion mode, pressed the Double Switch inclusion button 3 times quickly and it got added and sync'ed fine. Then I disconnected the Double Switch from the temporary cable and connected it in its final location. I did another sync after switching the mains back on so that the Double Switch would get the neighbors list updated and that's it. All working now!

Page 1 of 1