Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:27 pm
CliveS offline

Re: Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

noel1983 wrote:
Two more arrived! Loving these.
Also just had an email from Vesternet saying they now stock them but at £37 each I think I'll stick with aliexpress!

Can't believe the markup Vesternet are putting on these, I bought mine for £17 each delivered from Aliexpress :!:
Have they fixed the Lux not working problem yet?, seems quite a lot of feedback mentioned no lux and only 25% of mine (2 out of 8 ) have lux working.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:50 am
noel1983 offline

I think I paid around £20-22 for mine, I thought the same re markup but at the same time they are taking the overhead of supoorting customers and and at least it gives another choice for people who don’t want to order from China.

Businesses need to make profit somewhere and I imagine it must be pretty difficult on lower priced stuff.

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:56 am
wideglidejrp offline

I can see my info is different, but not sure what to do about it.

Indigo Z-Wave Version: 2.0.111
Node ID: 25
Model: Notification Sensor
Model ID: 00030083
Manufacturer: Neo
Manufacturer ID: 0258
Protocol Version: 4.05
Application Version: 3.97
Model Definition Version: 0
Library Type: 6
Class Name: Notification Sensor
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 07 : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 20v1 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 30v1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 59v1 31v7 5Av1 5Ev1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, waking
Neighbors: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[] 3:[] 4:[]
Config Values: - none -

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:01 pm
CliveS offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
I can see my info is different, but not sure what to do about it.

I am sure Matt will see it here but also send off the details were it says inform about new device.

Then wait for the next update (ETA TBA, Sometime in the future, no ETA as per their normal policy)

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, looks like we just need to use one of the existing device definitions for this variant. We'll have that added in the next bug-fix release of Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:34 am
noel1983 offline

I've just started having an issue with one of mine.
I have it set so that when motion is detected it turns the hall lights on and when no motion is detected then it turns the lights off.

Mostly works ok.

Twice in the past 24 hrs its got itself in some kind of loop where when it detects no motion it sends the motion sensor off signal but then immediately sends an on. So the lights start to ramp down then immediately turn on full again.

Log file shows

13 Mar 2018, 08:15:35
Z-Wave received "Hall - 016 - Motion Sensor" status update is off
Trigger HallNoMotionLightsOff
Z-Wave sent "Hall Lights 019 - Dimmable Load" off
Z-Wave received "Hall - 016 - Motion Sensor" status update is on
Trigger HallMotionLightsOn
Z-Wave sent "Hall Lights 019 - Dimmable Load" on

Only way I've solved this is by taking the battery out of the motion sensor then putting back in and all seems to be ok. Only set this up yesterday so its twice in its first 24 hours of use.

Am I missing anything obvious about how these work?! I don't have the same issue with other neo coolcam motion sensors in the house.

Cheers
Noel

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:43 am
CliveS offline

noel1983 wrote:
I've just started having an issue with one of mine.
I have it set so that when motion is detected it turns the hall lights on and when no motion is detected then it turns the lights off.
Cheers
Noel

Compare the device settings to one that does work OK, Change the sensitivity from 12 (default) to say 30-50 range and see if that helps, I had a Fibaro that would loop if the sensitivity was below 14 but the others all worked fine at 10. Make sure the Off Delay is longer than the Re-Trigger Interval and also look at the Configuration Parameters compared to a working one.

CliveS

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:03 am
noel1983 offline

Thanks Clive, I've adjusted the sensitivity and will monitor. Appreciate the pointers.

Main difference with the other ones is they have timers that start on motion = off that then trigger the light off when the timer or auto off time ends.

This one is the first one to be light off when motion off. Will report back.
Thanks
Noel

Posted on
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 am
CliveS offline

Two other things.
1) Un-associate from Indigo and do a factory reset of the sensor.
2) Swap with another sensor that is the least hassle to reset up triggers etc.

CliveS

Posted on
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:05 pm
noel1983 offline

Thanks Clive, if it re-occurs i’ll Try that.
So far so good
Thanks
Noel

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:22 am
noel1983 offline

CliveS wrote:
Dont expect the Lux to work, out of 8 only 2 of mine work.
I dont think my box's mentioned model number either.

Hi Clive,
Any thoughts on the differences that's making the lux level to work or not work? Mine in the hall isn't working, I've got two more that are still boxed that i'll setup and see if I have any more luck. Not a big deal but would be useful in the hall to have the lights only triggering when lux level warrants it.

Cheers

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:12 am
CliveS offline

noel1983 wrote:
CliveS wrote:
Dont expect the Lux to work, out of 8 only 2 of mine work.
I dont think my box's mentioned model number either.

Hi Clive,
Any thoughts on the differences that's making the lux level to work or not work? Mine in the hall isn't working, I've got two more that are still boxed that i'll setup and see if I have any more luck. Not a big deal but would be useful in the hall to have the lights only triggering when lux level warrants it.

Cheers

Thoughts, hmmm.... Black Magic, Voodoo both spring to mind.
At present they are all now working after resetting and excluding and including several times on each one.
I cannot trust that the Lux will stay working so I have to use Fibaro's (at twice the price!) as the kitchen sensor would work for a few days then suddenly stick at a level above my threshold so when it was dark no lights would come on as the sensor was telling Indigo it was daylight!
Not good for WAF especially in the kitchen :(
Yet one outside under the garage door lintel has worked flawlessly for months even when the temperature was down at - 8c and it turns all the outside lights on and off when it hits 10 Lux morning and evening.
As motion sensors they are great and most of mine are now running from 3.5v power supplies so no battery drain worries.
If you want reliable Lux as well as Motion then get a Fibaro or Aeon (and a mortgage).

CliveS

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 am
noel1983 offline

Cheers Clive, I've got a Fibaro in the bathroom that I don't need Lux for and I think is considerably slower than the neo's so i'll swap that out for the hall where I want light level and see how we go.
Cheers

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:42 pm
Different Computers offline

Just got two of these in the mail, and I can't get them to include by following the included instructions.

Anyone have any tips based on experience? Instructions say:

Power on

wait at least 20 seconds

press button "three times continuously" and red light should flash 5 times. It only flashes 3.

Never gets noticed by Indigo.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:46 pm
DaveL17 offline

Try excluding them first. It’s not uncommon for manufacturers to test include devices at the factory and then not exclude them before shipping them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]