Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:08 pm
CliveS offline

Re: Neo Coolcam NAS-PD02Z New Z-wave PIR Motion Sensor

If you got them from AliExpress then possibly they have sent you some UK/EU frequency sensors as normally you just remove the battery plastic strip and include them.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:09 pm
Different Computers offline

Clive has it right. On the bottom of the package they're labeled "EU." Dammit.

Got mine from Banggood.com

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 am

Looks like there is no US version of this motion sensor, and while I'm in the process of asking banggood if I can return them, I'm not hopeful.

So I'm open to ideas from others here how I can either make use of these EU frequency sensors with a US setup (which seems super unlikely), or how to swap them with one of you who is in the EU without it costing stupid amounts of money for shipping.

I'm pretty disappointed, as I really like the form factor for these and they are outdoor rated with a long range, at least in theory.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 am
CliveS offline

I got mine from

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEO-COOLCAM-Z-wave-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Detector-Home-Automation-Alarm-System-Motion-Alarm-Compatible-with/1196544_32789819896.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.582b4e68ejUl3O

In the description it states

EU version: 868.4MHZ
US version:908.4MHz

Note:Make sure you leave a message if you need US version.otherwise,we will send EU version.

I have a love/hate relationship with them, if you want a cheap version of the Fibaro PIR sensor then they are great, if you also want a lux readout then 2 out of ten of mine work reliably, 2 more are intermittent and the rest just dont care what light value it is and refuse to register anything!
I suspect it would cost more to send your two to the UK/Europe than we can get them from China.
One of the ones that works with the lux reading is outside and has worked in constant torrential rain and -10c when it snowed so yes they are hardy.

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.2.0 is now available for download and has the new Neo CoolCam Motion Sensor (NAS-PD02Z) definition.

Posted on
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Is there a guide here somewhere for how to convert devices that we've been using with raw commands? Is it just a re-sync?

This is the first update I've experienced while I've got a previously unsupported device already deployed, so it's new to me.

Posted on
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

A resync should do it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn