Z-Wave Pool controls

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:13 am
jltnol offline

Z-Wave Pool controls

I'm considering getting my pool equipment integrated with Indigo, and ran across this device online
http://www.smarthome.com/intermatic-pe6 ... ystem.html

am I correct in assuming that Indigo doesn't need anything special to work with this device? Once I add this as a Z-Wave device, Indigo will automatically be populated with whatever functions have been "baked in" to their implementation, and Indigo can control those functions??

Or does Indigo need to be "device aware" for this to work ?

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z-Wave Pool controls

Reading the comments section doesn't give me any warm and fuzzies. My guess is that if you can get it to work at all (at least one review implies it doesn't work with newer controllers) it will require a custom device definition (which would have to be added in a feature release, not a dot release).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:38 pm
roquej offline

I had this product and can tell you with complete certainty to save your money and run away from it. It only worked with Vera 3 and badly, not all functions where available. It even opened an actuator by itself and emptied my pool! The z-wave implementation is non-standard and the company can't provide any idea when, or if at all, it would be fixed. So not sure Indigo will ever be able to control it.

Ended up replacing it with the AquaLink Pool automation system using the Autelis control appliance with the Indigo plugin. This works and is very reliable.

Hope this helps.

JP
Last edited by roquej on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:18 pm
jltnol offline

Great.

Thanks so much for everyone's feedback.

While this device may LOOK good, clearly it doesn't work as I imagine it might.

I have been thinking about the DAQ Relays instead... all I really need is on/off for the most part....

Thanks agin for the support and WARNINGS! :twisted:

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:52 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

I'm rocking a PE653. All you can control with Indigo are the 5 relays. Kinda sad. Hoping for a custom device definition in a future version because this thing can do so much more....

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:44 am
howartp offline

Franky.

Can you paste a resync log showing the supported commands it is reporting?

The device prefers to take the role of primary controller, but can be included in other networks as yours is.

What else do you want it to do other than turn relays on?

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:00 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

I'm still having troubles getting the PE653 and PE953 both linked with Indigo and each other. Kind of a pain. Once I have things in working order, I'll be able to report back more about what I need and expect. To start I'd like to see the temperature(s), actuator locations, pump speed, heater controls, etc. I have the 3HP VSP Pentair pump, a big hayward heater and two valve actuators. I'm hoping to control scenes from Indigo, and perhaps those abilities are already present once I get things ironed out. I'll send device reports on both once I can.

Code: Select all
Jun 25, 2018, 7:24:21 PM
   Z-Wave                          controller included module: 098 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          stopped controller inclusion mode
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "098 - Relay Power Switch"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 2, 3, 5, 10, 12, 13, 18, 42, 43, 58, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 83, 84
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "098 - Relay Power Switch"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Intermatic / Wayne Dalton - 0005, Relay Power Switch - 50450653
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 2.78, app version 3.04
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Relay Switch : Relay Power Switch (04 : 10 : 01, base 25)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 60v2 43v1 25v1 86v1 81v1 27v1 70v1 91v1 72v1 73v1 31v1 85v1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, beaming
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint types: 1:(10 : 01), 2:(10 : 00), 3:(10 : 00), 4:(10 : 00), 5:(10 : 00)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved multi-endpoint classes: 1:[25 27], 2:[25], 3:[25], 4:[25], 5:[25]
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved group 1 associations: []
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - added group 1 association to interface
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - synced server clock to module (19:24, Monday)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "098 - Relay Switch"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "098 - Relay Switch 2"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "098 - Relay Switch 3"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "098 - Relay Switch 4"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - created device "098 - Relay Switch 5"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - complete
   Z-Wave                          sent "098 - Relay Switch" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "098 - Relay Switch 2" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "098 - Relay Switch 3" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "098 - Relay Switch 4" status request
   Z-Wave                          sent "098 - Relay Switch 5" status request

Posted on
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:16 am
TwitchCaptain offline

My previous post sums up what I'm looking for. I really didn't want to program the entire thing using the handheld remote, but I there seems to be no other choice. The device has 5 relays exposed in Indigo, but I only use one of them to turn lights on and off. The other four aren't connected to anything at the moment. I am unable to change pump speeds (or turn it on/off at all), set thermostat temperature, view air/water temps, or reposition the valve actuators. I can turn on the pool lights though.

I'm still messing around with this device, and I can probably rig one of the relays to the remote switch (it's an input on the PE653) to give me at least "one scene" I can control from Indigo. It's a hack, but it may give me more than I have now.

I submitted device reports for the PE653 and PE953. I'm willing to provide any more information I can to help support this device. I'm even willing to give you money for development time if that is an option. Just let me know.

Thanks!

EDIT/PS:

For reference, I followed these directions to get the remote and the receiver both paired with Indigo and each other. I had to repeat the process probably a dozen times before it worked. No idea why, but I've got everything "talking" now. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=24372.0 - my unit runs firmware 4.3.
Last edited by TwitchCaptain on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:25 am
howartp offline

I'll have a look, possibly after tonight's match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:33 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

After spending a few weeks dialing in the pool system....

This device basically doesn't work at all with Indigo. All five relays are "exposed" but Indigo can only control relay #1. Requests to other relays silently fail with success. I currently have a standalone pool control system. My mistake. :)

Page 1 of 1