Can I poll temperature on an Aeotec MultiSensor 6?

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 am
SSteve offline

Re: Can I poll temperature on an Aeotec MultiSensor 6?

Thanks for looking into it, Matt. I lost patience and resigned myself to the concept of not having a useful outdoor thermometer accessible through Indigo.

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:48 am
johnpolasek offline

SSteve wrote:
Thanks for looking into it, Matt. I lost patience and resigned myself to the concept of not having a useful outdoor thermometer accessible through Indigo.

I know it's another interface, but I use the RFX433 with OSI modules to monitor temperatures and humidifies outside as well as inside multiple rooms and in the refrigerator and freezer. I have the temps off of a couple of Multisensor6s as well as an old 4, but I pretty much ignore those.

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 am
norcoscia offline

I dont know if this is related but there are 3 firmware downloads available for MultiSensor 6 (one is beta) - configuration setting are mentioned as part of one of the versions but not much in the way of details on what changed or if it could be part of your problem.

Just mentioning it in case it might help you but like I said I'm not sure it is related...

Link below

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/so ... 1-02-2016-

_______
Norm

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:41 am
jalves offline

norcoscia wrote:
I dont know if this is related but there are 3 firmware downloads available for MultiSensor 6 (one is beta) - configuration setting are mentioned as part of one of the versions but not much in the way of details on what changed or if it could be part of your problem.

Just mentioning it in case it might help you but like I said I'm not sure it is related...

Link below

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/so ... 1-02-2016-

Yet another manufacturer that thinks everybody owns a Windows machine.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am
benip offline

Brilliant, thanks for looking at it, Matt.

Posted on
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

johnpolasek wrote:
SSteve wrote:

I know it's another interface, but I use the RFX433 with OSI modules to monitor temperatures and humidifies outside as well as inside multiple rooms and in the refrigerator and freezer.

+1 - this is exactly what I use for temp and humidity, both indoor and outdoor. Also for rain and I used to use the wind sensor but it broke when I moved last year and I haven't tried to replace it yet.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:47 am
edrabbit offline

Add me to the list of people that would like temperature reporting more frequently than every hour! Anyone had any luck with this?

Posted on
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:47 am
Professor Falken offline

I found this while trying to adjust mine from being off by a few degrees. Unfortunately, I had already installed it in my crawlspace and didn't feel like going down to retrieve it (you have to wake it up to send it commands). I think I had figured out what I needed to do, but of course haven't tested. But there is a field in there for frequency of reporting:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/6058085298/original/ES%20-%20MultiSensor%206%20V1.11.pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6DA%2F20180212%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20180212T103922Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=d1ddf730dcfe4cf2144ca0821aed53a80b1d7c62e0c5f858cf6455c4d07dc4ae&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=Host&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf

You may also need this:

https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter

My guess is the problem becomes one of battery life if it is waking up too often to transmit.

Posted on
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:19 pm
SSteve offline

matt (support) wrote:
I'm going to look into this in more detail with my Aeotec MultiSensor in a bit. I'm not sure if it is a limitation/bug of the module or if there is something Indigo can do, but I'll look into it.

I meant to say this a while ago, but my MultiSensor started reporting temperature more frequently a little while after you posted this. It's working great now. I'm assuming it's because of something you changed in Indigo because I didn't do anything. So thanks!!