How to make your network more stable and responsive

Posted on
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to make your network more stable and responsive

Note if you have a lot of devices then it can take a really long time to complete. The newer firmware versions are supposed to do a much better job of rediscovering/updating routes automatically, so the usefulness of Indigo's optimization functionality is debatable if you don't have older modules.

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:40 am
Bildhauer offline

Hello all,

is there a command which will ensure that the script will only be proceeded when the following command execution has been finished or has been stopped?

Code: Select all
indigo.zwave.startNetworkOptimize(207)

Thx in advance for your help …

Best regards

Bildhauer

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Bildhauer wrote:
is there a command which will ensure that the script will only be proceeded when the following command execution has been finished or has been stopped?

No - all optimizations happen in the background in another process and we don't currently have any mechanism to have that process notify when it's completed. What's the use case for this?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:37 pm
Bildhauer offline

I want to optimise some device of one room in one script. Even if I said sleep for e. g. 180 seconds I saw in the log that the following optimisation stopped the first one and the 3rd the 2nd one and so on.

As I wanted to do this script unattended during the night so I was hoping there is a solution for this issue …

Best regards

Stephan O.

Posted on
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We have on our request list an API (or group of APIs) that will give scripts / plugins a access to how busy the Indigo Server is, including the Z-Wave communication library. So it isn't currently possible to know, but is something on the wish list I'd like to see implemented.