ZRC_90 scene controller

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:21 pm
howartp offline

Re: ZRC_90 scene controller

Matt, could we put back the 'write to log' button for existing devices as well as unknown ones? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Why?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:45 am
howartp offline

So those helpful people like me can help folk compare their settings to mine.

Posted on
Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, I'm working on a way to best resolve this.

Posted on
Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
Matt, could we put back the 'write to log' button for existing devices as well as unknown ones? :-)

The next version of Indigo (7.0.3) will have the button to write device details to the Event Log for all device types, not just for devices that don't have Indigo dev profiles. The only gotcha is the button won't appear in the settings dialog until you re-sync the device.

Posted on
Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:25 pm
howartp offline

Thanks Matt!

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 am
CrazyFin offline

matt (support) wrote:
The next version of Indigo (7.0.3) will have the button to write device details to the Event Log for all device types, not just for devices that don't have Indigo dev profiles. The only gotcha is the button won't appear in the settings dialog until you re-sync the device.

Wohooo this is great! I was really missing that possibility to printout the device details into the log. Thanks Matt for bringing it back. 8)

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:02 am
autolog offline

Has anyone any tips on how to include a ZRC_90 because I am failing miserably with this at the moment :cry:

I have tried to include it on a Z-Stick S2 and a ZME_UZB. I have done a factory reset (According to the manual) between attempts.

I am pressing the L + R buttons until the LED lights up and flashes.
I have then done a Sync and added a new device with no encryption.
Inclusion mode starts but nothing happens on the ZRC_90.

I have tried with the Z-stick using the method above and also disconnecting the z-stick and pressing its button to include.

I have 5 of these devices to add and have tried two of them so far and neither respond.

Just wondering if I am missing something - any help / suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:12 am
howartp offline

I always thought it was the easiest device in the world to include; did one last week without any problem.

I'm just rebooting my Mac cos logmein died but I thought I just used "W" to join the network whilst stick in inclusion mode.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:15 am
howartp offline

Ah, right...

L+R is to add devices to the ZRC with IT being the controller.

You just want L to join the Indigo network, then W to wake it up if you need to.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:21 am
autolog offline

Brilliant - that did it. :D

Thanks for the quick feedback, I thought it must be something simple.
I just misread the manual :oops:

Thanks again. :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am
howartp offline

To be fair, the manual does say something like 'To join the network, press L+R' so it's the manual that's confusing.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:58 am
autolog offline

Now onto the next odd thing. :?

This device doesn't appear to be working when inc;luded on a Z-Stick S2 but works well on the ZME_UZB.

When I press the buttons on the ZRC_90 connected to the ZME_UZB all the buttons are working as expected and Indigo is logging the single tap, double tap, held down and released states.

When I press the buttons on the ZRC_90 connected to the Z-Stick S2, there is a pause and then I am only getting battery status reported.

I am testing on Indigo 7.02 and using the Z-Wave module 2.0.52 (as mentioned in another thread) on both systems.

Thought I would double check if this is a known issue or feature (e.g. the ZRC_90 will only work on a Gen 5 Controller) before I delve in deeper and set up some tests to produce some debug logs. :)

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:16 pm
howartp offline

I'm using Aeon Labs Z-Stick 2 with ZRC90's no problem.

Has Indigo set the associations correctly - should only be 1 assoc group, which contains only Indigo.

I wonder though if your L+R buttons have got the ZRC into a confused state, thinking it's the controller, or part-controller.

Peter

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:02 am
autolog offline

Peter thanks for your help so far. :)

I have detailed below where I am with this at the moment with my five ZRC-90s. :?

I am confused (which is easily done :wink: ).

I have two working perfectly with my ZME_UZB1 on my development system. Pressing buttons all produce the expected response in Indigo.

I have three not working that are / where attached to my production system with a Z-Stick S2.

I have only ever been able to get battery reports generated when pressing buttons on the ZRC-90s attached to the Z-Stick S2.

howarth wrote:
... Has Indigo set the associations correctly - should only be 1 assoc group, which contains only Indigo.
I wonder though if your L+R buttons have got the ZRC into a confused state, thinking it's the controller, or part-controller. ...r

Associations are all OK, just showing Group 1 associated to Indigo.
Two of the three could have fallen victim to my L+R button set-up mistake?
The third one was set-up correctly and included OK but still only reports battery.

On this third one (fifth device) I thought I would try to connect it to my ZME_UZB1 but have failed. I have done a full factory reset (press R for 10 seconds and triple click on the R button) - Not sure if this is working correctly as the manual says "LED flashes twice then stay off after reset process completed. When I do it, the blue LED comes on and stays on for just over 10 seconds and then flashes once. So the device don't appear to be doing what the manual says.

Anyway, assuming this has worked I then try to include it on ZME_UZB1 by starting inclusion and then pressing the L button. The blue LED comes on and stays on permanently and nothing happens. Finally after a large number of minutes I have to take the batteries out to reset it.

I have also tried an Exclude (press L button) on the Z_Stick and again the LED comes on and stays on with no result.

One other oddity with my Z-Stick is that I have taken the batteries out of the first of the three and sync'd it which failed as expected. I then did a remove failing models from the Z_Stick and it was removed by Indigo and now doesn't show in the list of available modules when you try to add a new Z_Wave device. So far so good. However, when I put the batteries back in and press a button on the device, I can see a message for the removed node coming through on Z_Wave debug log. :?

Basically, I think the factory reset isn't resetting which is causing the problem but I could be wrong.

I am feeling inclined to buy a Gen 5 Z-Stick to replace the S2 as even though I have a spare ZME_UZB1 I have failed to update the firmware to the latest 5/06 - I can't get the Z_Way software to work correctly on Windows or my Raspberry Pi and their forum support is not that impressive.

A bit of a long story but I thought and hoped these devices were going to provide me with more reliable scene setting. :(