Aeotec recessed door sensor (ZW-089)

Posted on
Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:19 pm
elf55 offline

Aeotec recessed door sensor (ZW-089)

I purchased the Aeotec ZW-089 recessed door sensor (Gen5) and did the joining ceremony with my Z-stick S2 that I have been using with Indigo 6. Unfortunately when I go to add a z-wave device, after returning the Z-stick S2 to the mac, Indigo doesn't detect the new device. In case this is a gen5 issue, I then associated the ZW-089 with a new Z-stick Gen5 and installed the new stick in the Mac. Same issue. Does anyone have this device working?

I used the Aeotec IMATool on a PC to test the Z-stick Gen5 with the ZW-089 and was able to see transmissions from the ZW-089 without any problem. That's why I think this is an issue with Indigo not recognizing the device.

Posted on
Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Aeotec recessed door sensor (ZW-089)

Indigo 6 doesn't support it. Support for Aeotec's full line is a high priority for Indigo 7.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:38 am
elf55 offline

In that case, I suggest removing it from the supported devices table (http://www.indigodomo.com/devices/). I had checked and saw it there before purchasing it.

Posted on
Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:09 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We do support the older version of that sensor. They didn't update the model number when they updated the firmware to Gen 5 so Indigo 6 can't distinguish between the two of them.

At least, I believe that's the issue. Matt can jump in here if there's something else going on.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:51 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I just researched that one, and we actually got support for it added to Indigo 6.1.3. If you are running 6.1.3 or later, then can you copy/paste the Event Log results of the Define/Sync operation into an email for us? If the node ID isn't even showing in the popup menu control to select in the Define/Sync dialog, then something different is going wrong. In that case, exclude the module from the Z-Stick and re-include it to see if it shows up.

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:48 pm
elf55 offline

I excluded the ZW-089 Gen5 from the Z-stick Gen5 and ran the Aeotec IMAtool and confirmed that the ZW-089 had been removed (no signaling from sensor). I then included the ZW-089 to the Z-stick and ran the IMAtool again. This time the sensor was working with the Z-stick so it seems to have been included properly (see screenshot):

IMAtool-Zstick-Gen5.png
IMAtool screen shot
IMAtool-Zstick-Gen5.png (56.32 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

I then inserted the Z-stick Gen5 into a Mac Mini running Indigo 6.1.11 and checked that the interface was active. Next I tried to add a new device using the standard dialog (see below)

Z-stick-newdevice-Indigo.png
indigo screen shot
Z-stick-newdevice-Indigo.png (312.04 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

No ZW-089 is apparent. I have done the same thing with a Aeotec outlet and was able to see the added device.
Last edited by elf55 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure I understand. In the 2nd screenshot it looks like it is there: 003 - Routing Slave. Indigo doesn't yet know what model specifically it is since it hasn't sync'd with it; all it knows at this point is that it is a routing slave type. But I'm pretty sure that is the ZW-089 in this case.

Posted on
Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:37 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

elf55 wrote:
Note: The screenshot image (PNG) files don't seem to render in the post preview, but you can still download them and view.

Images must be hosted by our server - upload them as attachments to your post and then put them inline.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:27 am
elf55 offline

Thanks for the hint on getting the images to show. I edited the prior post.

Also, I added the "003 - routing slave" and after waking up the door sensor, Indigo added it as a door sensor. :idea: I hadn't seen that in the past, usually the device shows up as the device name. Is this because it's a battery operated device? I appreciate the help.

Posted on
Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:38 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo doesn't show the device name in that popup, but depending on the module does sometimes show something more descriptive than just "routing slave." It isn't related to the fact that it is battery operated but has to do with how the module reports itself initially.

Page 1 of 1