2GIG / GoControl Alarm Integration

Posted on
Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:59 pm
ChopOMatic offline

2GIG / GoControl Alarm Integration

Hi, folks. Long time no see.

I have a 2gig 2GIG-CP21-345E Security and Home Automation Control Panel that I'd like to integrate with Indigo. Here's the product I have:

http://amzn.to/2eyKSqm

I'm ready to integrate it into Indigo and am wondering if anyone else has already done this? I would love to have the ability to get sensor states and such from the panel into Indigo, as well as the ability to arm/disarm. If both aren't possible, reading the states from the system is more important. I can always kludge together some kind of solution to arm and disarm through alarm.com.

Ideas? Thoughts? Rants? Insults? :mrgreen:

Big thanks in advance!

Posted on
Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:39 pm
ChopOMatic offline

Re: 2GIG / GoControl Alarm Integration

Anyone?

Posted on
Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:51 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not aware of anyone using that panel in combination with Indigo. Lots of Indigo users use the DSC panel, as there is a good plugin and integration with it.

Posted on
Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:11 pm
durosity offline

+1 on the dsc panel if you can switch to one. The older (but still very usable) models are very cheap from refurbishers and are exceptional stable and reliable. If your current system is wired it wouldn't be terribly hard to switch to one of these. Then just as an IT-100 or envisalink module for extremely deep indigo integration.

(And on a side note there's a lot of users around here who know the programming of them fairly in depth :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:01 pm
ChopOMatic offline

Thanks for the responses, guys. I hate to switch panels, having just bought and installed this one.

Different idea: Has anyone done any integration with Indigo and Alarm.com's API?

Posted on
Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:29 am
martinc offline

I also would like to know if anyone has any luck connecting Indigo to Alarm.com via the api??

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:02 am
macguyincali offline

I've been looking for that solution for about 4 years since we installed the 2Gig system. I check the boards every so often to see if anyone has made an alarm.com plugin. It seems like it would be fairly easy (says the guy who doesn't know squat about coding). I too would like to read sensor status and alarm status without resorting to the old "email" method which is often unreliable and slow.

Posted on
Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:22 am
jalves offline

I'd be interested in an Alarm dot com plugin too. I keep thinking about ordering an interface for my Honeywell system but just haven't gotten around to it yet. It would be nice to be able to monitor and trigger actions based on the alarm system without having to buy more hardware.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:06 pm
martinc offline

Any news on a Alarm dot com plugin?

Posted on
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:21 pm
ChopOMatic offline

I've read somewhere that Alarm.com's API is closed and they've stated that they have no interest in changing that, so I guess we're out of luck. :(

Page 1 of 1