Yale YDD 424 Z wave doorlock with fingerscan

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 pm
Vig offline

Yale YDD 424 Z wave doorlock with fingerscan

Anyone knows if this doorlock can be fully/partially controlled from Indigo?

Posted on
Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Yale YDD 424 Z wave doorlock with fingerscan

Indigo 6 doesn't natively support locks.

With Indigo 7, however - well, let's just say we wouldn't suggest you spend any time/effort/money trying various workarounds... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:08 pm
toille27 offline

Lets just say I'm happy I patiently waited to finish my only remaining (current need) improvement to my home automation system....automating the front door to the house. I love watching my kids stare at me with six full bags of groceries. Nice teasers Jay, I'm sure your and Matt's hard work was worth the wait.

Posted on
Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:51 am
johnpolasek offline

toille27 wrote:
I love watching my kids stare at me with six full bags of groceries. Nice teasers Jay, I'm sure your and Matt's hard work was worth the wait.

And that's why I just wish somebody would figure out how to at least monitor my two Kevos from Indigo; their "bump to lock/unlock" as long as I'm carrying the smartphone is a feature that none of the Z-waves can handle, but having to actually request the status remotely in their App in order to tell if the lock has been opened with a key is a real problem. I don't mind having to open their App to actually unlock it to let somebody in remotely, but only getting an alert if a specific phone unlocks the door is a real bummer.

Page 1 of 1