Leviton Controller Update? Specifically the VRCZ4-M0Z

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:05 pm
Devildog0331 offline

Leviton Controller Update? Specifically the VRCZ4-M0Z

I made the switch from Indigo 6 Pro to Vera (I see your head shaking BTW) and looking to move back. Before I do, I would like to know if Indigo supports these controllers yet?

I have several of these installed and would rather not switch them out. All my switches, dimmers, fan controllers, sockets, and wall warts are Leviton and it would be nice to keep them all in the same brand. Also, my experience with Insteon has been less than favorable and I no longer use that platform. The Keypadlinc is nice but the Leviton controller is solid and doesn't suffer from signal issues. Now I just need them to work with Indigo!

From the search I just ran, I suspect that movement in that direction has not happened but has been on the radar for over 2 years. If it's still not supported, would somebody please suggest the best, non-supported method of implementing them? All I've seen so far are these two approaches:
Hack 1: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=14387&p=99103&hilit=vrcz4#p100777
Hack 2: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=13135&hilit=vrcz4

If it helps, this is what I'm doing with them:
On / Off a single Leviton device
Adjust the dimmer on a single Leviton device
Open / Close a MyQ garage door
On / Off Hue lights
Set the Hue scene
Goodnight button (modge podge of stuff)
Goodmorning button (ditto)
Movie scene (ditto)

Thank you,
Richard

Posted on
Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Leviton Controller Update? Specifically the VRCZ4-M0Z

It's not currently officially supported. Scene controllers are pretty high on the priority list but we're not pre-announcing any specific support before the Indigo 7 release. They're also more challenging because there isn't really a standard approach to supporting scene controllers in the Z-Wave spec, so each device has to be addressed specifically.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 am
brettlid offline

Re: Leviton Controller Update? Specifically the VRCZ4-M0Z

I've posted a plugin that works specifically for the Levtion VRCZ4. It configures all the scenes and buttons for you and defines events to use with triggers.

Zone-Scene Handler Plugin

Page 1 of 1