Secure SES 303 & SES 002

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:33 am
autolog offline

Re: Secure SES 303 & SES 002

Hi Sam,
If you add three new sensors, you will have to exclude the device and re-include it on the Z-Stick once the additional sensors have been physically attached, otherwise the additional sensors won't be recognised.

This was probably mentioned earlier in the thread but thought it worth reiterating. :) .

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:16 am
IndigoSam offline

Thanks Jon.

I realised this, and that it would be a pain to do.

The device has yet to be attached to anything, but the connector block needs to be connected with the external probes, while at the same time the inclusion button pressed AND it is attached to the wall. That isn't going to happen!

I will try and work out how to press the button while it is all attached.

Sam.

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:47 am
Busta999 offline

Ha

I have been going around and around on these sensors and could only get the remote sensor to work when first included from then on only the base station reported Temp and Humidity.

Returned two of these to Vesternet.

Explains why they would not work.

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm
IndigoSam offline

Hm, the Z-Wave Sensor Logger is just throwing a load of errors. Looks like I will need to start a comversation over there.

Sam.

Posted on
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:04 pm
pward111 offline

autolog wrote:
The only way I could get it to work is to poll it on a regular basis by using Peter's Z-Wave Sensor Logger

Brilliant tip thank you! I bought an SES303 with 3x the pipe slave temp sensors and have been trying to figure out what software I needed to use to get regular readings from the sensors. It's rather convoluted but this actually works! Nothing else I've tried does to date regarding hub software. I've not got all the data from the main and subsidiary sensors streaming from Domotics via MQTT to Node-RED on a Pi and then combined with other events onto an Initial State web-based event logger dashboard.

p.s. first post here, getting into Indigo Domotics... have lots of experience of IoT domestically and various other hubs incl. Hubitat, SmartThings, HomeKit, OpenHAB etc
Edit: the design of the SES303 hardware sucks (the backplate etc) so I've just got it loosely left on a horizontal surface where I can get at the switch if needed but with the pipe sensor connector on, without the wall bracket. Also the s/w implementation that by default only reports the main sensor readings not the pipe sensors double-sucks.