Fibaro Smoke Sensor (FGSS-001): Range test fails

Posted on
Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:23 pm
jaknudsen offline

Fibaro Smoke Sensor (FGSS-001): Range test fails

Hi,

I run Indigo on a Mac Mini with an UZB1 stick. I have associated the smoke sensor with the stick using Zensys Tools (using a virtual Windows installation). The smoke sensor appears to be displaying and functioning correctly in Indigo, but when I run the sensor's built in range test the result is always fail (red LED).

This log message repeats every 19th second as long as the range test is running:

Code: Select all
Z-Wave Debug                    RCVD basicGetState: 01 08 00 04 00 06 02 20 02 D5
Z-Wave Debug                    . .  basicGetState: node 006, endpoint None

Any input is appreciated!

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:41 am
jaknudsen offline

Re: Fibaro Smoke Sensor (FGSS-001): Range test fails

… anyone? :)

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:15 am
howartp offline

I'm not sure if anyone else has one of these - I've not seen much chatter about them - so you might not get much direct help unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:49 am
DaveL17 offline

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a guess. My guess is that the device is looking for a 'custom' answer to a question that Indigo is not programmed to provide (but that the Fibaro controller environment *is* programmed to provide.) And, when the device doesn't hear the answer it's looking for, it tries again and again until it times out. Perhaps it's possible to figure out what answer is and send that answer with a raw command.

I would suspect that you are otherwise fine to use the sensor in Indigo--without the range test feature.
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1