Raw Zwave to ZWN-RSM2

Posted on
Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:34 pm
nicb offline

Raw Zwave to ZWN-RSM2

My first excursion with sending raw commands, so I want to make sure I get it right - the manual states the following:

Unsolicited Report Configuration
ZWN-RSM2 can send unsolicited status report to primary controller(Node ID 0X01) when switch toggled due to some controllers designed as gateway. If your controller is not a gateway or does not need the status or you think it could confuse your Z-Wave network, you can use Command_Class_Configuration to disable this function. By default setting, this function is disabled.
Configuration details
    Parameter number: 3
    Parameter size: 1
    Parameter value:
    0.................................................... Disabled
    1-232.......................Other controller nodeID
    255......................................Send broadcast

Does this then translate to sending

0x03 0x01 0x01

To enable sending the status report to the primary controller.

Thanks in advance

Posted on
Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:42 pm
howartp offline

Raw Zwave to ZWN-RSM2

Hi Nic,

Just go to Interfaces > Zwave > Modify configuration parameter (instead of send raw Zwave command)

Select your RSM2 device from the list, type 3 in the parameter box, leave at "1 byte", and press "Read Value". (I'm doing this from memory so names might be slightly wrong)

If "read value" gives you the expected response then you can overwrite it with the Controller ID (usually 1) and press "set value".

Note if this is a battery powered device, you'll need to wake it up before you do and read/write operations.

[EDIT: Just noticed instructions above give the byte size, so changed my response accordingly]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 pm
nicb offline

Re: Raw Zwave to ZWN-RSM2

Excellent. Even easier. That worked. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1