[ANSWERED]More parameters in a device than can be controlled

Posted on
Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:19 pm
Z-Marc offline

[ANSWERED]More parameters in a device than can be controlled

Hi,

I would like to set parameters for a device that I control through Indigo. Indigo gives me a list of parameters and options that does not include some parameters that the device's manual features. Why is that and can it be changed?

Thx Marc

Posted on
Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: More parameters in a device than can be controlled in In

If you're talking about Z-Wave config parameters, then you can use the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item to set any param you like. There are thousands of Z-Wave devices and each supports it's own configuration parameters so it's impossible to add them all to the UI.

If you're talking about Insteon then you can use the Interfaces->INSTEON/X10 Power Line->Execute Raw INSTEON Command... menu item to send any Insteon message to any device.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:58 am
resnick offline

Re: [ANSWERED]More parameters in a device than can be contro

Jay, I would like to use "Modify Configuration Parameter...", but when I choose that, I can't select the device I'm interested in. In fact, only 4 of my 40 devices appear in the "Device" drop-down menu. Why's that?

Posted on
Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:14 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]More parameters in a device than can be contro

Indigo only shows modules in that menu that report, during the define/sync operation, that they support the Z-Wave configuration command class. Try re-Define/Syncing one of the modules you think should have configuration parameters to see if that helps. If it doesn't, then copy/paste the Event Log window result of the define/sync and we can look to see exactly what the module claims to support.

Page 1 of 1