BeNext Heating Control not recognized by Indigo

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm
macpro offline

BeNext Heating Control not recognized by Indigo

I bought a Heating Control module from BeNext last week to control my heating system.
My thermostat and boiler are compatible according to the info from BeNext. But Indigo is not. :(

It is recognized as a "General Thermostat (v2)", but the Device Settings screen has no options to set any parameters on the module.
Device information is already submitted to Matt and Jay.

At the moment, the module is not working well. It is capable of telling me the temperature and that's it.
Setting the temperature to a certain level doesn't work.

Is there some way (with or without Indigo) to get some more control of this module so I can test if it really works?
As I'm the first one on this forum to mention this module, is there a possibility that Indigo will get support in the foreseeable future?

My main objective at the moment is to be sure the module works.

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: BeNext Heating Control not recognized by Indigo

We'll look at it for the next major Indigo release (no ETA or if it will, in fact, make it in). Note that you can use the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item to set arbitrary parameters as specified in the documentation that came with the device. Don't know if that will help any, but it's useful information.

Turn on Z-Wave debugging, then try to adjust the setpoint. Then, copy/paste the log lines from the Event Log into a reply so we can see what's going on.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:14 pm
macpro offline

Re: BeNext Heating Control not recognized by Indigo

Thanks Jay!
That was just what I was looking for.
I'll start playing with those parameters and see what does and doesn't work.

Page 1 of 1