Fibaro Motion Sensors picking up strange lux values

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:39 am
petematheson offline

Fibaro Motion Sensors picking up strange lux values

Hi All,

3 of my 8 new Fibaro Motion sensors are reporting much higher Lux values than others in the house.

One shows 142 lux for a bedroom that's relatively dark, one shows 361 for one that's outside (fair enough... possibly) and one shows 53 for a room that's almost in darkness right now.
Compared to my Kitchen one showing a value of 3, my bathroom with a value of 16 and my study with a value of 3.

Or perhaps I have it the wrong way around, I have 3 reporting correctly but the others aren't?

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:06 am
RageDoctor offline

Re: Fibaro Motion Sensors picking up strange lux values

Hi!

Same here, after re-including one of my motion controllers the lux is much higher than before. No idea why! As I am just in the "play-around" stage I do not have much experience.

Regards,
Marcus

Every beginning is hard...
Software: Indigo 6.1.4
Controller: Z-Stick Gen 5
Devices: Fibaro Wall Plug, Motion Sensor and Door/Window Sensor, Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6, more to come...

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:01 am
pnm offline

I haven't found a decent LUX sensor that works reliably. My next option is to get a commercial 0-10v one and attach it to the input port of a Fibaro RGBW controller.

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:18 am
ac4lt offline

I just added another one of these and the lux sensor seems to be stuck. It was working properly for a day but now is no longer reporting though motion reports are coming through fine. I have it configured to send a report every 2 minutes for lux but no reports are happening. Anyone have any ideas of how to prod it back into action?

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:33 pm
petematheson offline

Usually a resync sorts those types of issues out. Just open it up and hit the button 3 times I think to wake it up.

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:20 pm
ac4lt offline

petematheson wrote:
Usually a resync sorts those types of issues out. Just open it up and hit the button 3 times I think to wake it up.

That seems to have sorted it out. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1