Qubino dual relay module

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:46 pm
Mattias offline

Re: Qubino dual relay module

Thank's for helping me out. I have the z-stick connected directly to the computer usb. I'll try to switch the usb-port and see if the issues are reduced.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:05 pm
Mattias offline

Matt: do you have any suggestions on how to reduce the network traffic?

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:16 pm
CrazyFin offline

Mattias wrote:
I have the z-stick connected directly to the computer usb. I'll try to switch the usb-port and see if the issues are reduced.

1. Try first with another USB port directly on your Mac.
2. Did you recently do a Mac OS X upgrade or patch?
3. What OS X version are you currently on?
4. I tried to check your earlier posts but I couldn't find if you are on Aeon Labs USB S5 Gen5 or the S2 stick?

I see a LOT of data coming from node 002 that seems to be a relay switch. What brand and model is that switch?

I also see quite many log events with

Code: Select all
2017-01-01 06:07:56.201   Z-Wave Debug   stopped zwave packet parser thread
2017-01-01 06:07:56.203   Z-Wave Error   send getVersion failed after 9 attempts
2017-01-01 06:07:56.204   Z-Wave Error   restarting serial connection in 5.0 seconds
2017-01-01 06:08:00.200   Interface Failure   lost connection with interface
2017-01-01 06:08:01.214   Z-Wave Debug   starting serial connection loop
2017-01-01 06:08:01.224   Z-Wave Debug   starting zwave packet parser thread
It definitely looks like either
1. a problem with the USB port
2. a problem with the stick itself

I would first shut down my Mac and then move the stick to another port directly on the back of my Mac Mini and then boot up the system again.
Start Indigo and change the Z-Wave config to the new USB port.

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:54 pm
Mattias offline

1. Try first with another USB port directly on your Mac.
-- are testing it now.
2. Did you recently do a Mac OS X upgrade or patch?
-- no
3. What OS X version are you currently on?
4. I tried to check your earlier posts but I couldn't find if you are on Aeon Labs USB S5 Gen5 or the S2 stick?
-- it's the Gen5-stick

I see a LOT of data coming from node 002 that seems to be a relay switch. What brand and model is that switch?
--Smart Energy Appliance Module (TZ88E), firmware 1.01. It's the only one of this type I have (and the oldest I have. I'll try to remove it and see if anything happens)

I'll come back with some results tomorrow.
//Mattias

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:38 pm
Mattias offline

A short status update: I moved the z-stick to another port and removed the 004 device from the network and now it's working again (since last evening). Thanks for your support.
Unfortunate, the z-stick move didn't solve the non-reporting dual relay (this thread), so that still remains with the beta installed.
//Mattias

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 pm
CrazyFin offline

@Mattias:
1. Great that the Z-Stick is working properly now again. 8)

2. I have the same problem with the Qubino dual relay module as you have so we will have to wait for a new Z-Wave beta plugin to test. Hopefully these Qubino Flush 2x relays ZMNHBDx will soon work correctly in Indigo.

3. For the TZ88E plugin metering switch I found a manual at TBK TZ88E Smart energy plug in switch. I can see that there are at least 2 config params interesting for you to set to reduce the "spamming" with Z-Wave messages from that device.
Config param no 1 (page 5 in the manual, paragraph 3) should be set to for example like 60 which will send you an INSTANT Watt usage report every 5 minute.
I would set config param no 2, energy usage reporting, to 6 which will send an ACCUMULATED energy usage report every 60 minute.

I can also see on page 3 paragraph 2-1-2 that the switch will send a power meter report every time the power usage changes more than 5%. Only way to turn this off if you have a lot of variance on the power usage causing a lot of Z-Wave messages is to remove the association with group 1 but that will also most likely remove the on/off reporting as well.

Posted on
Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:16 pm
Colly offline

matt (support) wrote:
Try this beta of Indigo's Z-Wave plugin. Double-click the .zip file twice: once to unzip it, and again to install the plugin.

Hi matt (support),

I know these devices really drive you nuts but unfortunately like a lot of others I've made an investment in a good number of the dual relays. I recently tried out this beta plugin hoping that I get improved reliability but that hasn't really been the case as others have highlighted. Hoping you can get some time to work on a revised plugin. :wink: :wink:

Posted on
Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, I hope to get a new build out soon.

Posted on
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:59 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo v7.0.3 is now available and includes several fixes/improvements for Qubino modules. Note there can be a delay before the module reports secondary input (I2, I3, etc.) changes back to Indigo, but they should now work. You should re-sync your Qubino modules after installing the update.

Many thinks to CrazyFin for doing extensive testing both on and off the forum with us to get these working reliably.

Posted on
Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:36 am
PeteVis offline

Sadly, mine still doesn't work. All my debug info in this thread is still the same.
I did resync the device.

Posted on
Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:37 pm
CrazyFin offline

So strange that you still have problems.
I have multiple of the ZMNHBDx devices and none of them have problems with the new Z-Wave plugin.

Are you sure that you are on the 2.0.68 version of the Z-Wave plugin?

If it is not to troublesome for you I would recommend you to do:
1. Exclude your ZMNHBDx by doing a factory reset exclusion = press the service button for MORE than 6 seconds while controller is in exclusion mode
(read the manual at ZMNBHDx manual about soft and hard reset of the ZMNHBDx.)

2. Turn off power to the device and wait at least 30 seconds
3. Put controller into inclusion mode without encryption
4. Turn on power to the device and wait and after 5-15 seconds the device will sync itself into the controller.
5. Do a re-sync in Indigo and post your debug log results here if it still does not work properly.

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:07 am
PeteVis offline

Hi CrazyFin,

Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it, but it seems I am not the only one still having problems.
It appears there is a seperate topic located here : (@Matt : maybe these topics could be merged, or one of the two locked ?)
http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=12995&p=134462&hilit=qubino#p134462

I'll keep an eye on that thread and see how it evolves.
A simple re-sync in Indigo I can live with, but I'm really not keen on breaking open the wall box where my Qubino is installed and disconnect wires to reset it.

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:31 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I locked the other thread and made a post pointing to this thread for continuing the troubleshooting.

We really need to see some re-sync logs from the relay modules that aren't working so we can further troubleshoot this. The complete reset steps CrazyFin posted above would be great, but for starters at least enable debug Z-Wave logging via the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Configure... menu item, resync it, and then locally (at the switch) control the relays a few times. Also, if you have different versions (for example, 3 associations groups versus 8), then please perform the steps for both. I'd like to see the Event Log results of all that.

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:50 am
CrazyFin offline

PeteVis wrote:
.A simple re-sync in Indigo I can live with, but I'm really not keen on breaking open the wall box where my Qubino is installed and disconnect wires to reset it.

I did experience the same issues as you have mentioned in both this thread and the other thread and mine disappeared completely when I did the factory reset and re-synced back into controller and then Indigo.

I fully understand that it is not the first choice to pull out built-in devices but if you have a switch connected to the device then you can do the factory reset without having to pull out the device. Just press I1 five times within 3 seconds and within 60 seconds AFTER you have enabled power to the device (it should be easy done by temporarily turning off the fuse for the group where you have the device connected to).

Manual for the 1.3 version with 8 association groups: Qubino ZMNHBDx version 1.3
Manual for the 1.0 version with 3 association groups: Qubino ZMNHBDx version 1.0
Last edited by CrazyFin on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 am
autolog offline

PeteVis wrote:
... A simple re-sync in Indigo I can live with, but I'm really not keen on breaking open the wall box where my Qubino is installed and disconnect wires to reset it.

I have got the Qubino Dimmer and I thought this could be problematic as some of my dimmers are in the ceiling in not easy to get to places.

However, you don't have to use the Service Button to achieve a hard reset. According to the manual (and what I have done in practise), you turn off power to the Qubino (typically by turning the electricity (e.g. MCB) off at the consumer unit for the ring main the Qubino is installed on. Switch it back on and then:
press push button I1 five times within 3s (5 times change switch state within 3 seconds) in the first 60 seconds after the module is connected to the power supply.

It helps to have someone helping do this - one person at the consumer unit and one person near the switch. :wink:

I see Crazyfin beat me to it but as I have typed it all out, I will post anyway. :)

Page 5 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9