[ANSWERED]Fibaro relays (FGS211 and FGS221)

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:22 am
haavarda offline

[ANSWERED]Fibaro relays (FGS211 and FGS221)

These fibaro modules has rather important setting om parameter nr 1 that I am missing i the device settings.

Code: Select all
Parameter No. 1 - Activate / deactivate functions ALL ON / ALL
OFF.
Default value: 255
Available configuration parameters:
255 - ALL ON active, ALL OFF active.
0 - ALL ON is not active ALL OFF is not active
1 - ALL ON is not active ALL OFF active
2 - ALL ON active ALL OFF is not active

So this controls how the device responds if a ALL ON / ALL OFF signal that is received by the relay module. This signal has nothing to do with Indigo, and is a direct communication between a device and the Fibaro relay (or other device).

The Aeon labs Minimote is a device that can send these commands. And it is impossible to disable this functionality in the Minimote.
So this means that by default if you press button 1 and 2 at the same time on the Minimote the fibaro relay will turn on.
If your relay is connected to a garage door this means that your garage is now open...
This has happened to me when my kid got to the remote, and stated playing with it. Had to think a bit to figure out what had happened!

But by modifying config parameter 1 you can tell the fibaro module to ignore this commands. You can offcourse do this manually also, but it would be best to have it in the UI for a better overview.
Just my thoughts :)

Håvard

Håvard

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:45 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro relays (FGS211 and FGS221)

We'll add it to the request list. Given that this is the first we've heard of this, it seems likely that there are very few controllers that send this command so it's probably OK to just set the parameter using the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item. And now that it's documented for all to see... :)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 am
haavarda offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Fibaro relays (FGS211 and FGS221)

Yes it is definitely more important things on that list! But as I am sure you can imagine it took some time to figure out. Especially since there was no triggers in Indigo, and I was unfamiliar with the function on the minimote. I was starting to believe the relay was acting on its own...

Håvard

Håvard

Page 1 of 1