[ANSWERED]Have to replace my Z-Stick

Posted on
Thu May 28, 2020 2:40 pm
howartp offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Have to replace my Z-Stick

I’ve got several TKB Plugs which work great out of the box, include them, configure them, operate them.

If you later move them, they won’t reset their neighbours when you resync, even after an exclude/include.

You gotta factory reset them, which doesn’t happen when you exclude unlike some other devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu May 28, 2020 2:55 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

howartp wrote:
If you later move them, they won’t reset their neighbours when you resync, even after an exclude/include.

That's got to be bug in their firmware. If they're removed from one network and added to another, then none of the routing information is likely to be valid. :?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 28, 2020 3:05 pm
howartp offline

jay (support) wrote:
howartp wrote:

That's got to be bug in their firmware. If they're removed from one network and added to another, then none of the routing information is likely to be valid. :?

Agreed

That's what confused me so much, and why I asked Matt a recent question about zwave changes - I was blaming Matt for it!.

Peter

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:49 pm
webdeck offline

I'm going through these steps, but it is failing for my August Smart Lock Pro. I removed it from the old controller and added it to the new one, but when I try to define and sync the device, it fails every time (using Indigo 7.5 and a Z-Stick Gen5+):
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "Garage Door Lock"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 5, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "022 - Garage Door Lock"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed
   Z-Wave Error                    Timeout waiting for "022 - Garage Door Lock". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

It is using S0 security - is there something different I need to do because of that?

Thanks,
-Mike

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you add (include) it from Indigo using the option in the device sync dialog? Try excluding it again, re-including w/ encryption (from Indigo UI), then re-syncing it. Copy/paste the Event Log results of all those steps into a reply for us to see what is occurring.

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:46 pm
webdeck offline

Including it from Indigo instead of using the Z-Stick fixed it. Thanks!